New to the app and being sober

Hi, I’m Jan, 40 in October and a disabled Air Force veteran. I just downloaded this app. I also went to my 1st AA meeting today also. I was give a copy of the big book. Newly sober as of today. I’m hoping this app and the chat space can be of good support. I like that I saw memes in one of the topics. If you have any cute/funny/silly/motivational memes for a newly sober person add them. Have a great evening.

20 Likes

Welcome. Fellow vet, over 40 as well! Be active, go to meetings and life will get better.

5 Likes

Welcome Jan.
Thank you for your service.
Congratulations on day 1.
Have a good read around and join in when you’re comfortable. Lots of great people here to lend you a hand.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Hi Jan! It’s lovely to meet you. This forum is my main support tool and I come here as often as I can. It really helps. I always catch up on the meme thread whilst snuggling down in bed at night, it helps me to fall asleep happy. Thank you for your service, its great to have you here with us. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m still figuring out how the app and replies work.

2 Likes

Welcome and congrats on making such a healthy decision for yourself!!

It can take a little time to figure out how to navigate the forum, but you will. Lots and lots to read here, which I found real helpful.

Thank you for your service. :heart:

1 Like

1 Like

If you got questions about using the app just ask. I found everyone to be very helpful with the technical stuff. I’m still learning little fun things about it.
I hope your well and have a sober day.

1 Like

Welcome, Jan, not just to the forum but to a new life that is waiting for you. I hope you find what you need here on this forum.

Welcome to the family! I’m Kimberly, former US Army, over 40 as well and newly sober alcoholic. I’m 16 days in right now. I think you’ll find all the support you need here. Everyone has been wonderful to me and overflowing with support.

3 Likes

Thank you. I use Reddit so the message board format is starting to click for me. Thank you for the motivation. 3 meetings in 3 days so far.

1 Like

Thank you Kimberly. It’s nice to meet fellow vets in recovery. Good luck in your journey and I look forward to getting to 16 days.

1 Like

Welcome Jan, and thank you for your service. I’m really glad that you found your way here. I’m newly sober and new to the app as well, and the people here are lovely and so caring. Hang in there and always ask for help when you need it. :blush::purple_heart:

2 Likes

@pinkcloud thank you and to you as well. I’m enjoying the threads and it’s good tool for me between meetings.

1 Like

@ShesGotMoxie thank you🥰 I’m learning I’m getting comfortable reaching out to people. It’s all so new asking for help, but I’m feeling less lonely every day and I like that feeling.

1 Like

Welcome, Jan. I hope your first few days are going well for you.

Thank you for your service too Kimberly. :pray:t2: That’s awesome :star_struck: and congratulations on your 17 days now. Good job.

2 Likes

My favorite phrase in the big book is, “you have to want to want to change”. You have made the start and true effort. You’ve got this. God Bless and stay strong. And bless you for your service to our country.

1 Like