New to the App and Community

Hi, everybody. Well, to spin it quick. 4 years ago, I started drinking heavily as a coping mechanism for an abusive relationship. It progressed to a 5th a night, at the end, I was going through a handle every day and a half. Before work and on lunch. I had to be picked up off the garage floor and helped into a vehicle to move out. Lost my home, family, job, confidence, dignity, and health. I developed a disabling physical condition. Family home detox(had to be hospitalized in the ICU due to the hallucinations) Dr said the next step was death…and I didn’t care. I’m living with family out of a few bags. The depression and anxiety are like no other struggle I’ve had to deal with. It keeps me from socializing with anyone. That and the physical condition, I can’t focus long enough to fill out an application. But, with the support of my family and best friend, I have been seeing a counselor and today marks 100 DAYS SOBER!!!

Still sober…101 days. I couldn’t get out of bed today, but couldn’t fall asleep. Polyneuropathy(nerves in hands, arms, legs, and feet are dead or not responsive) keeps me awake when I AM tired. Im finding it hard to trust people and I constantly think everyone is plotting against me. I’m tortured by thoughts of my ex and her 8 year old son that I raised as my own since he was 2 1/2. I dont know if I’ll ever be able to see him again. It just hurts in so many ways.

23 Likes

The first hundred are definitely a milestone to celebrate.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Keep stacking those hundred days up
:call_me_hand:

Welcome! That is a hell of a story. I am glad you have the support of your family. I hope as your recovery continues your physical and mental health improves. :purple_heart: Congratulations :purple_heart: on your 100 days!

Welcome Joey, congrats on triple digits. You’re doing great :+1:

Awesome! So glad to hear your story. You are a great example for people to look up to.

Welcome to the community Joey.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Congratulations on your triple digits :tada::tada::raised_hands:. Keep going strong :muscle:

Welcome to the community @Sphinxsgt ! There is lots of support here. Congratulations on 100 days, that is some awesome sober time right there :blush:
I hope to see you around on here.
:heart::v:

Hi, welcome! Congratulations on 100 days! :clap:t2::pray:t2::two_hearts:

Triple digits are awesome, keep those days piling up.
I’m sorry that you haven’t seen your bonus son for a long time, that is hard. But drinking isn’t going to fix that either, it will only make it worse so I’m glad you are sober!
5da2d358dd0a8af289c367dd9306ed2247366802_hq
And welcome here!! :raising_hand_woman:

Welcome to the app. Your discipline is excellent. Stay focused. The lord is refining you.