New to this! - day 1

Hi everybody, this is my first day on here so I’m not really sure what to say or how to really work this, but so far I’m glad I made the decision to download this app! Tomorrow will mark 3 months sober for me and it’s definitely been hard. I struggle with major depression and anxiety and I’ve been looking for some extra support to get me through these times.

Anyway I hope everybody out there is staying safe out there!

P.S. if any of you have any extra toilet paper can you send some to VA? Lol

21 Likes

I’ll ship some right over… as soon as I find it.

1 Like

Hey girl! Welcome :slight_smile: I’m also new to this app. It’s my 3rd day on here and I already feel like I have such a strong support system from people I don’t even know! Lol. Congrats on your sobriety. As far as depression and anxiety, I also struggle with similar issues. I haven’t made it past a month and a half of sobriety before but this go around I am 6 days today. I do worry about anxiety flare ups when I return back go work after the quarantine is all said and done. But with other resources and this app I’ll have that extra help. I think you’ve come to the right place. If you ever need anything feel free to reach out! I have gotten a lot of helpful feedback from users on this app so far! Good luck and hope you’re staying safe as well.

2 Likes

Hey hun…Super happy you are here!!! You def found the right site for support. If you ever are struggling you can talk about it here and it’s safe. If you’re have a great day you can share that too and everyone is genuinely happy to see happiness, healthiness and success. I struggle with major anxiety issues as well with my addiction. One thing I have found to be true for me, is that as I progressed through my sobriety. I found myself being able to handle my anxiety in healthy and productive ways instead of destructive ones. It gets rough sometimes but it is 1000x better now than it ever was. I’m so happy you found this place!!! Much love and welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grin::sunglasses:

2 Likes

hello and welcome your definitely in pastures new here, read lots post lots, you’ll soon click with people and find people in similar positions as yourself, we’re always ready to give love and support and the occasional kick up the butt. Your already doing really good so you’ll have something to offer others as well. I wish you well on your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome Jessica and Congrats on 3 months. This place is great for support and tons of information. The people on this forum are absolutely amazing. Join us on the check in thread. Here’s the link:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #10

3 Likes

I’ll fax you some TP immediately. congrats on 3 months. That’s a big freaking deal. And welcome. I’m new this week also but finding this site helpful. I plan on hosting a Zoom meetup Saturday morning if you are interested. I’ll post details tomorrow. Welcome and keep going. Stay safe.

2 Likes

Congrats on 3 months, that’s amazing! This is a great place to be with a lot of really awesome, caring people. Welcome.

1 Like

Welcome! And congratulations on 3 months! This is a good place with lots of good people. Everyone is happy to help. Hope you find that extra TP ya need lol.

1 Like

What you did by posting this thread is what you do here. Welcome to the community :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Happy to welcome a fellow Virginian! Great job on your sober time so far. I hope you choose to stay. I’ve visited this site every day, for 851 days straight. I also happen to have 851 days sober. I don’t think it’s coincidental.

As far as the TP goes, not sure what region of the Old Dominion you call home, but here in NoVA, it can be found in limited quantities.

1 Like

Congratulations that’s amazing! I’m happy to see someone else from VA! I live in Richmond and it’s been a nightmare finding any around here. I might have to take a drive up your way to stock up lol

My name is Anthony and my choice of drug is alcohol and I also deal with anxiety and depression and was in a terrible relationship so I was verbally abused so I used alcohol to self medicate myself but now I’m a 11 days sober and I’m on medication that makes things much easier and better. I can actually think straight enough for my own mistakes and I can know my sanity is in check and I’m happier but I’m beginning to think my relationship is one of my triggers I am not sure. Because now that I’m sober the fighting and arguing and the stuff hasn’t stopped. I just want so much more than before now that I’m sober but she seems to not understand that I’m having an internal fight everyday especially on my bad day’s. so I need more support then normal. I’m already a fragile guy and I always take actions and words to heart. So what should I do.?

1 Like

@JPasture95 welcome and congratulations on 3 months sober. This is a wonderful group and since the members are from all over the world someone is always here to talk to no matter what time zone you are in or if you are a night owl like me. I’m in NJ and I talk to folks at 2am, 3am etc.
Have you tried reading the AA Big Book? A PDF copy is available for free on the aa.org website along with their other books and pamphlets. All good stuff. They have on line meetings but this site is way more fun. They don’t like anyone going off the topic of sobriety. No kind of silliness that can help distract folks from craves, depression,.anxiety and all other negative feelings. I read there and play and help here.

1 Like

I guess you gotta look out for you and your sobriety number one. If you need support getting sober a partner isn’t necessarily the right person for it. Go to a meeting or find somebody else in recovery who understands the path you’re navigating. Get a sponsor.

A toxic relationship is never a good thing, it doesn’t matter if it’s toxic because of you or your partner there is very little to gain from it.

Thank you for your time and your advice but you are right I’m from Indiana and I am looking for a sponsor and a meeting but with everything going on I’m pretty much alone when it comes to support.but it is very important that I have everyone going through the same thing and it means a lot to me that I have your support and ty again for your time it means a lot to me that you are willing to give me the same thing that I am looking for and you are appreciated!

1 Like

Read, read, read on here and create your own posts about whatever you want. There are so many people who are willing to help, you’re in a great place.

@JPasture95 sorry about the post getting away from you. I hope you’re doing well. Stay strong and reach out if you need help.

1 Like

Check these out - there are a lot of meetings happening online:
Online meeting resources

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing more of you :innocent:

Welcome @JPasture95 it’s nice meeting you. It sounds like you’ve come a long way - 3 months, congrats! - and you’re looking to keep it going. You’re in the right place and we’re all behind you. Keep checking in, looking forward to seeing more of you, too :innocent:

1 Like

Hi and welcome here 🙋
My addiction is alcohol and this app has helped me to stay sober for 18 months now.
My advice would be to be here as much as you can. Read and learn about your addiction and how to beat it.
You have to do it, but you don’t have to do it alone! So come here if you need us, we’re here for you!
Like someone else used to say here: don’t crave alone

See you around! :facepunch:

1 Like