New to this! Need help coming off of Heroin!

What is some good advice that can be offered for coming off of Heroin? Started in February, never done it before to doing a wax bag or so a day, not much but what sort of things will I go through, and how can I get through it? Thanks in advance

4 Likes

Truth harsh truth

Your gonna get sick, like really sick feel like you have the flu, body aches, sweats, nausea vomiting the symptoms will subside, you only been hitting it for a few months so it might be easier but it will be miserable but worth it

I detoxed from opiates on my sisters floor, it was miserable, but I made it.

As far as staying off, well that’s gonna be your choice developing friends who are sober. Things like meetings, checking in here, developing a network so you have someone to talk to when your having a bad day is great.

and welcome to TS come as strangers leave as friends I have a few people here I am close knit with that I talk to on the regular and they have been huge cornerstones to my pillar of strength. I wouldn’t know what to do without them

8 Likes

Fury hit the nail on the head I would suggest that you do your best to stay hydrated lots of water or Pedialyte sometimes it’s hard keeping stuff down but in the end it’s so worth the freedom from the hold it gets on you just remember that the sick is temporary be strong you can do this one day at a time

5 Likes

Welcome Chloe. Have you started your detox yet? Remember… this is the only time you ever have to feel this bad. I won’t ever forget how bad I felt because it keeps me from picking up again. Keep us posted on how you’re doing.

I withdrawaled from opioids and from what I’ve heard, it’s very similar to the withdrawal from heroin. I couldn’t do it on my own, ended up going to a 10 day outpatient detox and had the assistance of medication which helped ease the symptoms.

Restless legs, very cold followed by sweats and gastric issues were the worst for me. Staying hydrated is very important. I suggest using the :mag_right: at the top to search others’ experiences.

After detox, I went to an intensive outpatient program followed by AA. Stopping the use of the drug was the easy part. Getting to the root of my addiction has been very complex. It’s been 2.5 years and I work a program daily to keep me from ever going back to that lifestyle.

4 Likes

Thanks for all your friendly advice and support. I got this :crossed_fingers:t2::100:
I’ve attempted a few times and failed**
But today I’m starting over again!! And this time I hope to see it through. I’ve done a lot of research as well, and I got everything I need to help me get through the physical aspect of it for the next few days, as well as a new journal to write my experiences, and do a daily check in and gratitude list. Wish me luck!! I just need someone to believe in me, and be waiting for me when I reach the finishline.
Thanks

5 Likes

Have u tried suboxone