New TS logo

Interesting new header and logo. I like the font. Have to get used to the image a bit. I will for sure. The site remains an awesome place and great resource for all of us addicts, substance abusers, alcoholics, people with some problems (who doesn’t), whatever we call ourselves. Thanks for all you do Robin.

26 Likes

I thought it was new I kept looking at it today thinking is that new .speaks unity that’s for sure🙏

3 Likes

Dig the font - Century Gothic if I’m not mistaken - but think the icon is a swing-and-miss

2 Likes

I asked @Robin as I didn’t have a good look from my phone. Represents a community chat icon.

Knowing that, I kinda like it. Let’s talk, bro.

3 Likes

I get where it’s coming from, and see similar for many family and community icons, so that’s part of what i don’t love about it. But i think mainly it’s the execution of the design. I feel it a little fiddly with the thin key-lines, and misses a possible opportunity to use the positive/negative space a little better as a result. The centre figure could also represent success/triumph/joy etc if colour blocking adjusted… making it look like a person with their hands held up. Also makes it less fussy and clearer at smaller sizes.
I’ve had a quick fiddle. See below

7 Likes

its a nice refresh! :clap:

Ooooh nice fiddling. I like.

1 Like

I dig the design, for sure. I agree with @AyBee though… the solid white emblem adds a little more detail and depth to the image. The original express a little too much blue, but that’s just me.

1 Like

I like what you did with the white. Looks nice!

1 Like

I disagree. I prefer the original over your adaption. The original to me first looked like an electronic circuitry. Then I realised it’s people together, then I realised they’re interwoven, then I realised one at the forefront is almost like leading the others, and that it’s encapsulated in a speech bubble within a circle. Your adaption to me kinda looks like a dog paw. Change is inevitable, regardless of the logo I love this forum and the people that use it. Thank you, Robin, I appreciate the work and care you put into this forum.

5 Likes

Te logo takes some getting used to. But I do like it

Thank you for the feedback. I prefer the current version over the old version and also @AyBee’s version (sorry!).

But I do think both are better than the old one. It looked dated.

7 Likes

The new version looks great!

1 Like

I love the new logo! Glad we’re keeping it :+1:

1 Like

It caught my eye that it had changed, but I wasn’t sure what it was. I see now that it’s people from reading prior posts. Hmmmm, not quite sure how I feel about it? It’s a tiny space so it’s difficult to come up with anything too intricate. Kind of looks like fingers? It’s fine, a refresh is nice.

No need to apologize.
20 years as a graphic designer has taught me everyone has an opinion, and people like what they like.
I’ve thrown away more logos than have ever been accepted… Doesn’t mean they were bad

5 Likes

It took me a while to figure out what it was. And it wasn’t really clear until reading this threat that I understood the meaning
I don’t really like or dislike it but it’s Robyn’s forum so whatever he wants he can do! Lol

1 Like

I noticed the new logo right away and at first I was like… What is that?? I figured it out, but it still looks like a big W to me or a crown. I don’t hate or love it, but for some reason it amuses me.

1 Like

I like it! Continuous line drawings are my faves :black_heart: