New user field: Sober Date

Hello Talking Sober!

You can now enter your Sober Date on the forum to share it with others. It will be publicly visible and will also be visible on your user card if you have filled it in. This is not synced to your app in any way, it’s just a way to share a bit of text with other people and have it appear on your profile.

To edit yours, tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner. Then tap on your username, tap on Preferences, tap on Account and go to Profile. Scroll down and you’ll see a field like this:

Enjoy the new feature :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Awesome, this is a great addition

Update the app

Then you can find it under profile in preferences

Not required. It’s not in the app. It’s in the forum.

fyi, your date is set for november. got that furure sobriety goin on, very cool.

1 Like

It didn’t appear for me in the app, until I updated it. Could be because I shut down the app completely allowing the technical side of the site to refresh?

updating the icon and your pic?! a full blown ts make over. new pic looks good, new icon is different but sure why not :+1:

2 Likes

I’m -98 days sober :crazy_face:
Thanks for the heads up lol

1 Like

Go to profile, preferences, profile and scroll down.

Go to your profile, preferences, change account to profile and scroll down for box to add sober date.

1 Like

love the new feature! And love the new profile pic, @Robin! New profile pic, new logo, new features!!! It’s a whole new world! :laughing:

1 Like

@Jennajen @Tomrichards did y’all know you’re sober twins?

Added mine! Great idea @Robin :+1:

1 Like

I like this option. IThank you @Robin

You might have to restart or force refresh your browser. Ctrl+F5 on Windows.

I like it. Thanks Robin!

I don’t think it matters, you can write out the month so everyone gets it.

i hope this works this is my first message i dont even know if this is going threw but ill get sober for like 30 45days then out of the blue ill be like man i deseve a drink ive been doing so good so my point is even though i have cut my drinking back a ton! i wanna get to the point to where i dont do it at all iwoulf like to make it a year i started on thanksgiving any good advice id appreciate it thanks…!!

2 Likes

Hey Shawn, welcome to this awesome forum.
When you crave, think of how bad you will feel after a relapse. Think of all motivation. Write down what motivates and look at it when you’re craving. Also come on here, read around and try and help others as this will help you keep your mind of cravings. Work a program. Pick up new hobbies. Also, if you need specific advice, you can also click the magnifying glass at the top right to search specific key words. There’s an incredible amount of knowledge on here. Good luck :+1:

1 Like