Newbie. Day one

Hi everyone. Day one for me. Wake up call last night. And I’ve finally realised after a year of trying to stop it’s really time to stop drinking now. Need all the help I can get.

8 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum, you’ve made a great first step by being here :blush:

1 Like

Thank you. Keep downloading different apps and never get past day three. Don’t drink every day but when I do I can’t stop. So I’ve realised it’s all or nothing. Thank you for the reply x

1 Like

I’m exactly the same all or nothing and by all I mean gin for breakfast twice earlier this week, now onto day 3, this group has been the best thing I did! Read and Soak it all in and keep reaching out. Stay strong u got this :heart:

1 Like

Thank you xx

1 Like

Well am not the ideal person cuz I will completemy 3rd day in a couple of hours…i guesswe have one thing in common which is we r breaking up with our boy\girlfriend which we needed to be happy,confident,angry and comfortable…and now the idea of us being alone is scary…but we hit rock bottom now we got to get up of our asses and start swinging…iam living hell from heroin withdrawals but I guess I will fightit with all I got…stay strong…there is happines after the pain

2 Likes

Hi…I was the same I could days without drinking then once that bottle of wine was open my mission was to finish it, once that one was near the end I had to open the 2nd with the same mission. I woke up 1 morning with an ice bag on my face…not remembering a thing! I knew that morning Sept 29, 2018 I had enough. What I realized is from the start of my drinking it was always about getting drunk/trashed I never learned how to have just 1 or 2…so for me to this day feel 1 won’t get me to where I want to be so no need…pass me a water please. Today day 239 I feel fantastic of my new journey and love being the sober one! Take it day by day…don’t have that first one…wake up feeling great and focused…you got this! #929

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply and your honesty. I know I can’t have just one so it has to stop altogether. It’s very hard for me. I e stopped and restarted so many times and everything seems to revolve around a bar or some social event that involves drinking

Welcome and it’s awesome you’re made the call to stop. I’m only 12 days in and I’m finding the easiest I’d to avoid social events bars etc for now. Hopefully a few months down the track I’ll be able to face those things just know myself I can’t face them yet. I’ve found this app and the really nice people on it have been a massive help

1 Like

You sound just like me I tried and failed so many times because all the people I know drink. Find the one person in your life that you can make a promise to and not break it… because it never worked for me keeping it a secret and making that promise to myself and trying it by myself. Also be comfortable being sober. Some go to meetings or other support groups. Me I have that morning waking up with an ice bag on my face and asking my husband how it happened as I blacked out hurt myself by falling and don’t remember any of it…scared the crap out of me…don’t wait for something to happen. Start NOW! Oh and every person I know drinks, I’m finally pass the awkward phase of people asking why. Which my reply every time is it’s just a choice as if you became a vegetarian…you give up meat…me I gave up alcohol. Plus this cup is my life saver I take it every where with water. I wish you the strength you need :pray: to get through each day…please PM if you want support, I’m here for you.

1 Like

Day one is better than none. You’ve got this!!! It might take a 10 or 20 or 100 day ones but if you keep trying and keep coming back and keep improving than you’ll get where you need and want to be. YOU GOT THIS

1 Like

Thanks everyone. So much support already here.

How are you now @Rolysgirl
do you have some one to support you?

Hi thanks for checking in on me. I’m just going to put a post up about my day. I’m doing good thanks and still not having any alcohol x

1 Like

Good for you girl!
Just think about tomorrow morning , love fresh mornings!
it really helps to eat well, stay hydrated and be kind to yourself
take a nap if you can, listen to some nice music
and realize, this is not your fault! we were brainwashed by society, television, commercials etc that alcohol is the glamourous lifestyle

well guess what: Alcohol is POISSON, but poisson with really good PR and marketing.

Nobody wil; say, ah do you crave heroin, just take a little or maybe just in the weekends a bit
Alcohol causes móre deaths ( accidents, injury sickness etc) than ány other drug.
Plus it makes you fat and ugly, you go girl!