Newbie for the third time

I’m on day 9 for a 3rd time :partying_face: once when I was 23, once last year and now again. Each time I didn’t fall back into a huge hole but a hole nevertheless. Each time it’s been easier to come back. And today on my 9th day I realized the time has gone by quickly, I have the quick urges to drink and I shoo them away. Luckily my family and friends are supportive so I’m not tempted. But my husband drinks, it doesn’t even affect me to see him drink. Last time I did this I researched more about the reality of alcohol and what it did to my body ( I am also positive for alcoholic gastritis) it truly did change my outlook on alcohol and it is no more illusion or wonder to a ice cold beer. I’ve searched more natural healing and begun a slightly different approach. I don’t believe in AA because I don’t believe in surrendering myself to any power, I refuse to give alcohol all that power to consider myself unmanageable. I am manageable and I am in control. And I choose me! Educate yourself on the poison and toxic things alcohol will do, you’ll be amazed at what you find.

3 Likes

Good for you on being determined! That’s a good start. One day at a time :innocent:

If you’re looking for some books & podcasts about alcohol, to learn even more & too hear some memoirs of people in recovery, there’s a good collection here:

Resources for our recovery

Welcome! :wave:

2 Likes

keep us posted on your journey

3 Likes