Newbie here! Just a welcome post

My name is Bianca. This morning I woke up with the absolute worst hangover I’ve ever experienced. It was caused by the copious amount of alcohol I consumed. An entire case of high noon vodkas & about half a bottle of tequila. I was absolutely repulsed with the feeling that came over me when I woke up. I realized how unhappy I was to have my head in a toilet… once again. I just woke up again after sleeping it off the best I could & opened the App Store to find a community where I can be transparent & supported. I have been scrolling through & I must say everyone here seems so kinda & welcoming with open arms. So, I just wanted to get my first realization out there, maybe another newbie will see it too.

I am thankful to use this as a tool in my sobriety. I love to read & write so I plan to write often & keep in touch with others. I also plan to support others here in this group.

45 Likes

Welcome, I’m in the same position as you. Woke up 10 days ago in the same repulsed state. This site is a good little tool for when temptation raises it’s head. When I get the impulse to drink I jump on here for 20 minutes, half an hour and read the experiences of others. I also use it as my main tool for counting days and money saved, all helps keep me on track. Just wanted to leave you a reply and wish you luck on your journey.

9 Likes

Welcome Bianca and @Andy79

Glad you found this little treasure of people on this fantastic app.
If you put in the work and the time reading about, engaging and sharing stories, it will only help you get those sober muscles stronger and stronger each day.

I wish you the best in your sobriety journey and look forward to seeing you about regularly.

Best
:pray::heart::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Warm welcome Bianca lovely to have you here with us, no judgement here just a really supportive bunch of people who have been where you are and understand. Sending hugs :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Welcome Bianca, stick around and you will find a tonne of support.

Glad you are here. It gets better :heart:

4 Likes

This means so much to me. Thank you Andy for reaching out. We have already made the step in a better direction. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments. I am super thankful to be here & happy to learn things. I am proud of myself also for taking the initiative. I am heard. I am seen. I am loved.

7 Likes

Hey! I’m a newbie too. Welcome, I’m loving this app. Everyone is SO supportive. I also have problems with alcohol, I’ve known it for a while and have tried and tried to get sober & keep relapsing. I even pretended to be sober for a while to my own partner who is a recovering alcoholic. I downloaded this app 7 days ago after relapsing for the thousandth time, and today is my SEVENTH day sober. A whole week. I feel tired and irritable and drained but I also feel so FUCKING powerful and proud of myself. And guess what? I haven’t been hungover once! Keep going!!!

8 Likes

SNAILER!!! I’m proud of you!!! This community has made me feel so safe & not alone. I also knew I had a problem for a while. I actually just shared the app with my best friend who is also struggling. She also just admitted to lying to me about being sober bc we had a 4 days binder on st Patrick’s day & it was so brutal she was SET ON not drinking. It’s not even that she thought I would judge her, it was just out of pure embarrassment. Today is day one. Mere hours in for me. Considering my last drink was 3am this morning. But I am determined. Thanks for reaching out :heart:

5 Likes

@Beeseeg so glad you’re here - i was in this position almost 7 months ago, and this app and community has been one of the biggest support systems in my sobriety and recovery. 7 months sober and 7 months of major growth and transformation in the clarity, after about a decade of binge drinking and avoiding myself and my life. i promise it’s one of the top most greatest things you can do right now and you’re doing it, i’m proud of you :heart:

6 Likes

Welcome…. I hope you feel better soon and here is hoping this will be your last hangover. Looking forward to getting to know you better. One day at a time. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Welcome to the group. I woke up too many days feeling the same way. We never have to go through that feeling again. Good luck to you

5 Likes

Good morning Bianca! Glad your here :slight_smile: I’ve found the check in daily post to be really encouraging to stay engaged on the app and maintain sobriety. I’m a newbie too and everyone so great.

4 Likes

Glad you are here! This forum is a major life saver! :star2::star2::star2::star2:

4 Likes

Welcome Bianca.
That’s exactly how I started my journey. Worst headache hangover ever. Toilet and everything. I thought. “You know. They got an app for everything these days. Maybe they got a sober app for me to get help.” 4 years later I’m still sober. Mainly because of all the support and love from all the people I’ve met here on my journey. I stay active on here and I stay sober. One day at a time. ODAAT. Some times it’s one lousy day at a time. But it’s so worth it.
Glad you found us. If you got any questions just ask. We were all new once. And the lights are always on.
Read around and join in when you’re comfortable
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Welcome Bianca!! Glad to have u here :slight_smile: This forum has been a HUGE support for me in getting clean. I hope its just as helpful for u also!

2 Likes

My name is Leigh from the UK, just starting over after relapsing after just 18 days soba. So annoyed at myself, I really hate myself when I drink, I convince myself I don’t have a problem cause I never get the shakes or withdrawal symptoms but it’s like in my head, just have one, yeah rite 18 cans later and 30cigs, and I don’t even smoke unless I have a bloody drink in my hand. Heart disease and triple heart bypass plus C.O.P.D has obviously not deterred me. When I’m off the drink it’s all good, I do my weight training, early morning meditations for 30mins, then out for a 3-4 mile walk jog, life’s great, I’m so focused, then it just takes that one bloody drink to F**** it all up. So hate my binges.

2 Likes

Hey Bianca, welcome to the community. There’s a lot of great people on here to help you if you’re willing to listen. Just lean on them, and take everything a day at a time :v:

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Beeseeg so glad you found us! There’s so much support and welcoming people on this site. I hope to see you around here :blush:
:heart::v:

1 Like

I’ve been here for a few years and have slipped back to drinking many times but recently I had the worst hangover where I was over the toilet as well and I realized I needed to get back on my sobriety, unfortunately I still slipped back but I’m starting over once again. Relapse happens to many, don’t feel discouraged if that’s part of your process as well. But I hope you always remember that dreadful feeling and stay strong in your sobriety! I’m glad you found this app. It has helped me immensely and I love the community on here. Welcome 🫶🏻 here’s to living a clearer, better life.

1 Like