Newbie 🌸 Just started my sobriety journey

Hey Everyone,
I’m very new, just learning the roles around here. I’ve just started my sobriety journey today from MJ. I’ve been on it for 15 years.
Would love to chat and get to know you all x

26 Likes

Welcome Ash!! Great to have u join us on the forum! Lots of great people and suggestions here. Being on this forum has helped me to stay clean and sober for 9 days so far! May not seem like much but it is HUGE for me :slight_smile: hope u stick around and keep posting!

11 Likes

Welcome. I am fairly new doing a 30 day challenge as first goal. Currently on day 6. I look forward to chatting with you.
Tanya

7 Likes

Welcome to the TS community. Its a great tool for staying sober and clean. Lots of information and amazing people out here.
I wish you all the best on your Sobriety journey.
One day at a time, we can do this! :muscle:

6 Likes

Aww thank you I really appreciate it. I like this whole community aspect, people supporting one another, much love :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

A 30 day challenge? That sounds interesting! Look forward to speaking to you as well x

1 Like

Welcome. Love the cherry blossom flower :cherry_blossom:.

3 Likes

Hi Ash welcome here! :raising_hand_woman:
This app kept me sober for more then 3 years now. It hasn’t done all the work for me cause I have to do that myself but it kept me focussed on my recovery road.
It’s a place where I come to read, share, laugh, ask for help and celebrate my milestones.
I hope to see you around here much!

6 Likes

Welcome lm glad you found us :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome !

I’m a returning newbie also. We can do this. Every day decide, I’m not drinking today. Then, miraculously they add up. Congratulations for making a great decision to change your life. X

7 Likes

Welcome Ash
I’m happy that you took the step. It will be tough but with all the lovely people here, it shall be lighten a bit.

6 Likes

These apps are great and the people are great but tools like this only keep us sober if we use them. I’ve been on here long enough to watch so many people (including myself) come on here with their tail between their legs saying " help me I’ve relapsed"
Note to everyone - Please pick up your phone next time you want to pick up your drug of choice. You can’t do this alone and you don’t have to. This community has saved my life on several occasions but it took me a long time to learn that our biggest strength is admitting our biggest weakness…
It’s OK to struggle, it’s OK to want your doc and it’s definitely OK to ask for help.

10 Likes

Yes I agree with you, pick up your phone and reach out here if your struggling, tell us how you feel so we can support you, at least reach out let us hold your hand through the rough times.
Before picking up a drink or DOC ( drug of choice) tell someone how you feel, the power of each others support cant be put into words but you will feel it.

4 Likes

Much appreciation! Thank you! Xx

2 Likes

Thank you, hehe

1 Like

Love your view on this, great to be here!

2 Likes

Me too!! Glad I found this place

1 Like

I’m a little over a month sober from alcohol and would NOT have made it without this community. Lean on the people here. They are angels. We got this!

5 Likes

I love this :heart:

Welcome Ash. Day 5 for me too. X