Newbie saying Hi đź‘‹

So, I’m 140 days sober. Longest ever. After a huge battle with my doc, alcohol, I’m in a much better place today. My children have been returned to my care and I am starting to feel truly happy. Emotions are starting to return and that scares me. I used alcohol to bury my feelings after a long, abusive, marital relationship. Starting to actually find me. I know I’ve still a long journey ahead but hoping, with support, I’ll succeed.
Wish me luck :four_leaf_clover:

33 Likes

Welcome Sarah!! And congratulations on your 140 days, that is some serious hard work. :heart: It is wonderful you have your kids back…a true blessing. I hope to see you around here. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll sure be checking in and making the most of this community support x

3 Likes

Hi Sarah, welcome! 140 days is brilliant :star: it’s lovely to meet you, I look forward to seeing you around :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome! I’m only 40 days sober… Also after a mentally and physically abusive relationship. Hoping my children are returned soon! So happy for you Congrats! Emotions are scary, I know! Keep your head up… You give me hope that I’ll be there soon!

1 Like

40 days is amazing!! No only about it! I love seeing the numbers mount up. You’ll be at 140 before you know it.
Keep going and your children will be back. I never thought it would happen but it did. Feel free to keep in touch x

1 Like

Thank you! The emotions of finally getting out of that relationship are weighing on me.

And they certainly weigh heavy. Now the alcohol isnt there to numb those emotions for me it really is a rollercoaster. I have to take each day as it comes. The one thing i have learnt, that has been instrumental in my recovery journey, is to talk. To let those thoughts and feelings out. I’m still working on the talking. There’s alot people don’t know about what I went through and I don’t think anyone ever will. It’s the “forgotten” things, things that happened that I buried, that catch me unawares. They resurface from nowhere and from there the battle starts. :muscle:

Welcome! And congrats on ur sobriety! I too use substances to bury my emotions and trauma. We can do this tho… one day, one moment at a time :slight_smile: wonderful group of people here on this forum! Hope to see you post more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly. Something so simple will catch me off guard. It was a tv show coming across my netflix the other day and i remembered it playing during an incident

Hi Sarah, welcome to the group. Congratulations on 140 days, I’m glad you’re here.

Congrats on 140 days! Also welcome hope to see you around!

1 Like

Welcome and good luck! Look forward to seeing more from you!

1 Like

Remember Sarah, I get drunk, WE stay sober. I’m so happy for you!! Just keep in touch with the folks in AA that help you and you will be fine :smiley:
Hugs Gail