Newbie to this site and the sober life

Hi everyone I’m new 2 this. Not just this site but to living and learning how 2 b sober. I’m a recovering alcoholic. And an addict. My personal preferences were meth and heroin(only since 4minths). Meth iv had an off and on relationship since I turned 22…I’m 27 now. I recently had to get sober (by force) and it’s going on day 5! Honestly I feel the worst has past…I can actually type now lol. Recovery is like rebirth…reliving ur life… honestly for me it’s the first day that’s thehardest after that it’s all about will power.lokking for emotional support from others who can relate. Thank you!!!:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Welcome! Congrats on 5 days! This community is great. I have 18 months sober. Do you also get involved locally to you with sobriety?

2 Likes

Yes I once before used to attend na and AA meetings so Monday I’m gonna get back to attending those. However I must admit it is hard staying clean when literally everybody around me isn’t! Any advice?

1 Like

Welcome to this site and yes sobriety is hard as fuck im an alcoholic and meth addict i had 2 years clean once but fucked it up cuz I thought I could drink like a gentleman and toke like one too but I was wrong im 30 years old and I’m done with that addict life style didn’t get me nowhere it destroyed my relationship with my family my daughter and her mom but now I’m 68 days clean living at a sober living going to meetings everyday and doing my book studies with my sponsor I’ve never done this AA deal but I am learning a lot from the big book if u wish to talk more or any advice just send me a dm and I’ll be glad to help u out or listen to what u have to say u know let’s be greatful that we are sober and that God has our back and welcome once again

3 Likes

Ty so much I appreciate it. For some reason hearing others stories not only ground’s me but takes away that lonley feeling. Congrats to u and good luck :blush:

2 Likes

Good I am glad and Thank you very much I am heading to bed already cuz I have a date with my daughter tomorrow see with sobriety I get to spend it with my lil one God is good :grin:

Welcome! Sounds like you’ve been through it. You’ve come to the right place :heart:

2 Likes

Its pretty hard. I actually learned that people who i thought were my friends weren’t so i was able to cut them and the alcohol out of my life. Luckily my husband is also sober (he isn’t an alcoholic but doing it to support me).

You can dm me anytime! And i may get around to my story lol

3 Likes

Im 4 months and 25 days clean from meth. The first 2 weeks were the hardest for me. This site is great!!

4 Likes

Congratulations. This site has been very helpful. My favourite part is the search button as it has so many useful threads.

1 Like

Alcohol is my DOC and I haven’t personally experience physical withdrawals but it sounds horrendous! Glad you’re feeling better. Try not to forget how hard it has been to get to how you’re feeling now - you never have to feel like that again if you just don’t use!

Sobriety is like rebirth - what are you most looking forward to? Its good to have a positive reason to keep working at it as well as wanting to avoid the bad effects of using :blush:

As you search the forum you may come across this thread anyway but I’m posting here as a good thing to help get you started, lots of good links here: