Newbie without weed NEED HELP WITH SLEEP

I have used weed to mask physical and traumatic pain for so long. I’ve started treatment with my chiropractor with reducing the physical pain and that’s been working well… HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! But I’ll wake up after 3 hours of sleep and having to talk myself back into sleep. I don’t remember if it was a nightmare that woke me up, or remember any dream since I started my journey with quitting weed. I just want to be able to sleep for at least 5 hours straight. Any sleeping remedies that can help?

3 Likes

teas, exercise, breathing, no screen time for about 2 hours before sleep but in all honesty I didn’t sleep properly for about 40 nights and your gonna have some crazy dreams. Its all normal and just part of the process I’m afraid but it will balance out in the end. Well done BTW :+1:

3 Likes

Well I got a long way to go :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Great job on stopping! I agree with Paul and meditation/wind down time prior to bed. There are non habit forming meds for sleep, too. Hang in there.

2 Likes

You tube guided sleep meditations do the trick most of the time for me.
Give it a go, it’s really nice to just relax and listen and drop off to sleep.

Chamomile tea helps too

1 Like

Check out Insight Timer. Its a free meditation app and they have guided sleep meditations that knock me out! Hope it helps. Keep going!

2 Likes

I agree with the no screen time at least an hr before bed. I like to read for a little bit. I’ve used white noise to help me sleep and that worked really well. Also, Valerian root or melatonin over the counter can help with sleep.

2 Likes

Anyone tried breathwrk? It’s an app that leads you through breathing exercises that supposedly the Navy SEALS use. I just started it yesterday and I’m super impressed! It helped me wind down last night I actually woke up before my alarm (what!?!) and this morning I did some wake up exercises with my coffee and I’m up and going. It’s worth a shot! I’ll try anything that might make my sobriety stronger, healthier and more enjoyable. Good work, keep it up, we can do this!

2 Likes