Newcomer to the app

Sober for a few months but feel myself going back into old habits. Don’t have any sober friends where I’m at. Only sober friends I have are in Georgia in the rehab I went to. Looking for advice. Tried a lot of meetings around my area but can’t seem to connect with anyone. Really need help.

Why do you feel you’re slipping back?

1 Like

I played for a pub pool team and found it hard to go to the pub and drink a soft drink… more out of fear of peer pressure than anything else! But everyone was really cool about it… the pool :8ball: has even improved :laughing:

1 Like

I played pool for a few years as well. I knew one sober person that played in the same league that I did. I went to a few meetings with him but it was all older people and couldn’t relate to any of them.
I feel like I’m isolating again, constantly thinking that my day would be better if I had some alcohol. People will get on my nerves and I start to scheme things. What they are doing to me and how I would show them. It’s terrible and I hate feeling like that.

1 Like

I am personally having a tough time. I am 8 months sober and I lack confidence when I am sober