Night one sober from booze

My boyfriend and I had a heart to heart this morning about my alcohol abuse. He confessed that in the past when he tried to bring up my problem, it would just bring out anger in me. It felt good to both of us to have an honest discussion. Hes not a drinker, and after our talk he took it upon himself to buy me a book about recovering from alcohol abuse. It feels comforting to know I have a supportive partner rooting for my lifestyle change.

Tonight instead of drinking, I cooked dinner and spent quilty time with my daughter without a beer in my hand. Tonight I’ll go to bed sober, I’ll wake up tomorrow without a hangover, I’ll spend time with my daughter instead of putting on cartoons and napping my hangover away on the couch. Tonight is easy. I’m motivated and I feel good. :slightly_smiling_face:

24 Likes

Welcome!
I’m only 21 days sober but these peeps in here and this app have helped a lot. Read as much as you can and stay strong!

6 Likes

It’s nice to read that your boyfriend supports you. You can’t do this alone. We’re all here for you too. Maybe consider an AA meeting. I was scared at first but found the support amazing and now I have 2 favorite weekly womens meetings. Also, join us and check in as a form of accountability. Here’s the link:
Checking in daily to help maintain focus #7

6 Likes

The first 72 hours were the toughest for me and after the first 30 days, I promise it will start to become easier to not pickup. I’m proud of you for confronting your abuse to your mind and body and sharing it with your partner. That is HUGE!! Hope to see you around here more often. Sleep well! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good to hear you have the support of your partner. Your daughter will much prefer spending quality time with you :slight_smile: Here’s to many more sober days :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Right there alongside you day one here too. Feel nervous. You’re right about having a partner to support.

Keep strong and keep checking in. Dunno about you but I feel
I’m in for a rough ride. Take care.

3 Likes

Its amazing being able to take care of your kids again. I regret missing out on the past couple years of my daughters life bc I was too busy blacking out or being hungover. She always sat by my side every day as I slept on the couch while she watched TV. It was such a waste of the short precious time we have. Soak in the sober. You’ll remember and appreciate it more than you ever have. Wish you luck on your journey :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes