Nine Years šŸš­

14 years is awesome! We quit smokingā€¦We can do anything! I definitely did not quit cold turkey. I cut down before I quit, but the entire process was extremely planned out. I gave myself a 5 week plan. I allowed myself to have 5 cigs per day the first week & after each week ended, I decreased my daily intake by 1 cig. I actually did a study for pregnant women who were trying to stop smoking, so I literally got paid to quit smoking which is pretty cool to me. Everyone who participated received cartridges. They were similar to vaping, but they produced no vapor. One group of women got cartridges with nicotine & one group of women got a placebo. We would not find out if our cartridges contained nicotine until after we gave birth. I still to this day have no idea if my cartridges had nicotine bc for some reason, the ppl with the study couldnā€™t get into contact with me after I had my daughter. I forget why bc it was almost a decade ago. Iā€™m extremely grateful for that study & I wouldā€™ve done it for free. After I quit smoking, I think I used the cartridges for like a month, but I canā€™t remember exactly. Some studies say that itā€™s better to quit cold turkey & some studies say the opposite. I think that if you want to cut down before you quit, then you have to create a strict plan for yourself. You have to be very consistent. I think that if these studies looked into ppl who just decided to wean themselves from cigs, but had no real plan v. ppl who planned out every single day of their detox accordingly, then they would see a BIG difference!

4 Likes

Thanks! :butterfly::snowflake:

How interesting! When I quit there werenā€™t vapes or cartridges. They did have lozenges (rot your teeth) and nictone patches to step down from.

1 Like

Woah amazing! Always great to see people who have stuck with it and come out the other side! :raised_hands::partying_face:

2 Likes

Congrats! Thatā€™s a long time! I also canā€™t believe how much a pack costs these days!

2 Likes

I remember trying patches in detoxes that did not allow smokingā€¦Crazy, vivid dreamsā€¦

1 Like

Thank you. :blush:

1 Like