No alcohol =more money

Now im 13 days in and i actually went the weekend with no drinking here i am with so much more money i saved i get tempted to buy my usual , 12 case or corona and a bottle of crown
I remind myself the hangover for a day or 2 is me overeating and weight gain which right now im trying to loose .
Im new here. Alcoholism runs deep in my family on both side i feel burried or hopeless. Why cant i just have a drink on my birthday or xmas and live life? I drink a few times a week the other days are to recover . And start again…
My triggers can be so stupid its shameful… like the weather… smells like day drinking! The spring time etc. The money i spend going to bars and ubers to get home is ridiculous. I realized at the end of my marriage i become not a good time i wud get baligerent and fight. I left him cus he was on heroin… but so much pain of 8 years with that man my drinking turned to violence like i had so much anger towards him. Now here i am in a new relationship and i struggle … i have got drunk and got angry at him for no reason so here i am trying to not ruein a good thing… il be 30 next month and this drinking is running me down why does 13 days seem like forever i feel pathetic. My bf says i shud feel proud…
I have 3 kids …they need me

8 Likes

Welcome Jaymie :purple_heart: More money is good :relaxed:

We can’t because we are alcoholics. Our triggers are simply that we want to drink and we’ll make any excuse to drink. It sounds like you are ready for something better. Congrats on your 13 days sober :partying_face: Stick around here. This place can help you on your sober journey.

1 Like