Hi, this is my first day, again, I try so many times, that’s why I need help, I can stay all day without alcohol, but when I take one glass can’t stop
maybe try a meeting might help wish you well
Hi . Have u thought about aa meetings? They are a great way to meet soba friends and have people around to understand what u r going through. I tried for years to quit but the only thing that works for me is aa meetings. Good luck x
Yes I know, but I live in a small island in the middle of the ocean, everybody knows everybody, and I have no courage to admit my problem, that’s why I ask for help, maybe your advices can help, because all day I work and don’t drink, but finally when I am home and if I start, can’t stop, and try everything for nobody understand, and next day I feel horrible
I totally understand. I spent years thinking I could have 1 drink or change the drink to something else instead of wine I thought i could manage vodca… until I totally surrenderd and understood I have a illness of addiction that’s when I could finally get better. I was so frightened incase someone I knew went to aa but guess what no one cares they understand that u need help . It’s ok to ask 4 help and I’m so pleased u r here reaching out for it . X
It was the same for me. I have to say “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink. If I say “no” to this drink, I will not have a 2nd drink, or 3rd, or 8th.
Say “no” to the first drink, and be sober.
You can do meetings on line. Try intherooms.com. This app is also great. Take time to read through some threads. We’re all here to support each other.
Hi and welcome here! 🙋
It helped me to make a sober plan to stay sober. Just saying I do not drink anymore wasn’t enough for me.
I share it with you, maybe it is of help for you too.
Come here if you need help, there is allways someone around to talk you trough a craving!
My sober list:
- No alcohol in my house
- Refrigerator filled with nice food and alc. free drinks
- Telling my spouse about my sober plan
- Avoid alcohol related activities and friends (at least in the beginning)
- Having a day counter
- Avoid wine/beer section in the supermarket and avoid liquor store
- Taking a strong vitamine B complex
- Taking melatonin to help me sleep
- Be gentle to myself, like go to bed early, taking a long bath, etc.
- Doing relaxing activaties like meditate, yoga, walking, etc.
- When I have cravings: I don’t pick up that first one but I walk, run, work out, eat chocolat, watch Netflix, clean, study, whatever.
- Ask for help when I need it.
- Be here every day to check in sober.
Be here around often, it helps!
I’m here since my day one (every day!) and sober for more then 1 year now!
You can do that too!
I have the same problem.