No jokes and no funnies. The booze is gone

And it’s serious. I’ve been prepping for it. Got my teas and canned pop prepared. And I dumped the last of my wine.

Going to AA this week. One day at a time.

Anyone that wants to help someone 12 hours sober feel free to message me

13 Likes

Hey guess what? Now you have 15 hours! Those are things are a great start. Once you hit the meeting you will get some relief because then you will never have to do it alone.

The first two weeks after I left rehab I only 3 or 4 meetings and can pretty damn close to relapsing. I was depressed and exhausted. The only thing that probably kept me clean was being broke. By the time I made it into AA I was desperate. I knew I didn’t want to drink or use drugs, but if sobriety was only going to be what I was going through then I didn’t want that either.

I went to the noon meeting (now my home group) and those bastards were laughing and having a good ole time. I think I wanted to kill them. Until they started coming up to me and introducing themselves and including me in their fun and games. I even picked up on some inside jokes around my second or third meeting and joined in. Not once did they tell me that I couldn’t do that. As far as they were concerned I was there and that made me part of the club. I didn’t even realize it at the time, but those people were dragging me out of depression and into recovery. It’s like they knew I was coming before I got there.

It took me a little while to realize that I thought that because that’s how they always are. They show up so when people like me get there we feel welcome. Now when a new guy walks in I make sure to call him by his name, give him my phone number and tell him to call me day or night. The women do the same for new women coming in.

7 Likes

Here you go! This was a huge help for me in the first while. https://www.smartrecovery.org/smart-recovery-toolbox/ it helped me elaborate my view of a sober self, plan my time and get excited about what being sober would bring. Congrats on taking a stand and on your first 15hrs :tada::blush:

1 Like

Thank you both so much :heart:️ after a really good day today, I’m excited to change up my routine. I’m excited to see my days for up and I know it might get hard but I’m only aiming for today.

Also I want my red chip from AA. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The one weird thing that’s helped me is making fancy beverages. I’ve been drinking so many teas, lemonades, and sparkling juices that I think my stomach might explode a fruity pretty mess everywhere.

You’re doing great. Youre taking the first steps and that’s a HUGE success. Celebrate those little things and remember the reasons why you chose to quit. Making a small goal for yourself every day is helpful too. You’ve got this.

3 Likes

And now you are close to the first 24! I’m glad to see you back at it. I was wondering about you and how you were doing. Sorry to hear you have to start over, but so glad you aren’t giving up! It makes me so sad how many people I’ve seen and talked to on here who just disappear. And I’m sure you know from experience they are a huge percentage of those who log on everyday.

Hope your meeting went well! You know you got people here when you need us.

1 Like

Today I’m grateful, happy and so honored to see so much positivity on this thread :slight_smile:️ you guys are so good to me and I’ll be checking this app more often through my first few hurdles of sobriety.

My AA meeting was fantastic today and the women there were all glued to me (I am used to being the youngest now) but one of my stories had one woman in tears which moved me also.

I know I’m new to this (again) but I was even practicing on my way home how to say “no thanks, I don’t drink” allowed to myself and it didn’t scare me as much as it has in the past. I think this time I’m truly ready.

35 hours sober now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure if you live in a city or not, but there’s young people groups of AA. We have a very strong one in Syracuse and even have a young people committee. We usually have some type event every other month.

2 Likes

I have seen the ODD person that’s in my age group swing through my home group but not often. I like my current group because of the location and every meeting has been promisingly busy and awesome. I’m from a pretty big city so I’m sure there’s another meeting somewhere that I could always give a try if I’m feeling adventurous.

In the next couple weeks my goal is to find a sponsor. I did try to keep in contact with this nice girl before but unfortunately we both kept triggering each other and now I’m afraid to message her

Also I’ve got my tea ready to rest my head sober tonight :slight_smile: day two complete

5 Likes

Congrats I’m on day 2 now yesterday was dreadful! cola podcasts and my doggo keeping me strong so far, can’t wait for my appetite to come back! X

1 Like

Podcasts are a great idea! I used to listen to Since Right Now, it was so damn good. @BeccaLinny, have you ever gone this route? I know SRN is on Google play and ITunes for free. Or maybe a book? My favorite is Blackout by Sarah Hepola. I know that when I get down and out the podcast is a great thing and the book is something I revisit often as a reminder of the stupid shit I did and.put myself through.

Anyway, you have got to be close to 2 days now. Congrats!

I like Russell brands under the skin, he’s been sober for 15 years and become such a spiritual person it’s really helping me to think differently about the world and the way we think and behave and how addiction really is a symptom of other problems I. E loneliness / boredom/trauma. I highly recommend

2 Likes

And I survived my first day at my new job. It was a success and I enjoyed it (it was kinda slow because it was just orientation) but man, the office is in seriously low morale and it came off kind of intense. I took possibly the biggest change in my life, job AND living on my own in a new place (moved two months ago) AND also am quitting drinking.

Also my new coworkers have invited me out THREE times to go drinking with them.

I feel fantastic today. But I can’t help but clench my butthole a bit thinking about my future.

1 Like

83 hours sober. Day 4 :confetti_ball::grin:

1 Like

I want to drink so badly, it’s making my toes curl. I’m sulking in bed. Most are inviting me out while one is telling me no. You can’t. Said you’d be good.

Day 5. :sweat:

After sulking for a bit in bed, actually writing a sour post on my Tumblr (link in my summary on my profile) I wanted to drink so badly I came home and vented to my boyfriend about what I drunk I am and how I don’t want to leave the house. Also that my nights all suck now and I wanted a bottle of wine more than anything

My boyfriend held me in bed and then made me tea. Then told me to order skip the dishes.

Which I am and here’s proof. No beers, no wine, and my bedroom to keep myself busy by slowly putting away laundry. I’m okay. I got through the hard craving. I felt like crying. But my awesome support got me through.

2 Likes

Day 15 now :sunglasses::fire: longest sobriety stretch I’ve had in all of 2018. Even did some budgeting last night and realized I spent almost half a grand THIS YEAR ALONE on booze. I’ve probably saved $100 just in this stretch alone.

Still searching for a sponsor but enjoying life :blush:

1 Like

Hey, glad you are still here fighting! It’s never easy, but it’s worth it. Sounds like your boyfriend has the right idea. Haha, if you get mad at him for holding you hostage then at least you are distracted from drinking!

1 Like

Day 20 today! Three weeks tomorrow!

:muscle: It’s all going by so fast! Another weekend down, my family even jumped in saying the last few times they’ve seen me, I’ve seemed really extra happy and focused. Really positive stuff in my life right now.

Thanks to all who keep sticking by me!

5 Likes