No longer lurking

For some unknown reason, the forum I used to follow and be quite active on has disappeared, and I found myself searching for a new “home”. My story is not very exciting. You have heard it and probably lived most of it a hundred times. Today I am 11 days sober and working on this being the last try at getting it right. I find there is infinitely more chance of me staying sober when active in a community, and after lurking and reading for a week or so, I think this is a great place to be.

I love the plant, knitting and gardening threads so far. All your stories and replies are inspirational and have got me through quite a few wobbles here and there so it’s time to say hello.

Hi, I am Fiona and I am an alcoholic.

63 Likes

a53cd3792d57d42949f1d3e1ed85ad096e382fb71c542aab31f3f2178b65c368.0

3 Likes

Hi Fiona,
I don’t come around here much these days, but it was here I had my day 1 (at least my 100th day 1, but the one that finally stuck!) and for the first couple years was on here 24/7. Now I am coming up on 5 consecutive years of sobriety (from alcohol) in November. This is a great place, with lots of incredible folks. Keep coming back daily, even hourly or minute by minute. Whatever it takes to get you through. The sober journey is so worth it. I love that you recognize the strength of community - it’s going to carry you a long way. I’ll be rooting for ya, so stick around! All the best, Tom - fellow alcoholic.

25 Likes

Welcome Fiona the alcoholic. Glad you are here. Lots of support on many of the threads. Read the posts and read the literature.

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad you are out and sharing! Your story is your story and we would be happy to get to know you. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Hello :wave: welcome. I’m so glad you chose us to hang out with. I love cross stitching I want to relearn knitting at some point. Look forward to seeing you around :pray:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Fiona!

1 Like

Hello Fiona, Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome Fiona @Lastry
Great that you already had a look around. Keep us posted.

1 Like

Congratulations on 11 days Fiona! I’m glad you found this place after losing another. Keep coming around! We’ve got your back!

2 Likes

Hi Fiona and welcome🥰

1 Like

Welcome Fiona! Glad to have u here!! This forum is truly an amazing, supportive place. I definitly wouldnt be where i am today without it. Hope u stick around and post more often!

1 Like

11 days here as well. Best of luck to you

2 Likes

@Lastry welcome Fiona. This has been a wonderful forum for me. 35 days sober and everyone here is very supportive and welcoming.

2 Likes

Fiona love I’m right here with you :two_hearts: 12 days and planning for forever. I don’t know how I picked this app but I’m glad I did too. I like the Check In group right now because every day and even every couple hours I feel a new way and when it gets sketchy they hear me out, offer sound advice, and always fill me up with some encouragement and love because this hasn’t been easy and won’t be easy. But, being an alcoholic if I’m honest wasn’t as easy either lol. Hugs :people_hugging: we got this :heartpulse:

5 Likes

@Lastry thanks for this thread. I learn a lot from others and as you said stayed connected, even here is helpful.

Hi Fiona. You have found a top notch forum. Don’t lose us :wink:
For months, I just used the app for marking my time. Then I checked out the Community and discovered a whole new world friends in recovery.

3 Likes

Hi fiona, nice to meet you :sparkling_heart:

Nice to meet you :slight_smile: thanks for sharing. I am here with you. I want this time to be the last time I have to work my way through putting down alcohol. I am just getting to know the community here, and so far I feel…more at ease. Hope you find what you are looking for and wishing you another 24.

Xo