No More Added Sugar

It makes me smile as well, that’s why I choose it. It reminds me to not take myself to serious :blush:

4 Likes

Are you on Insight timer Claudia?
@SoberWalker
Saw this and thought of you. I haven’t tried it yet.

:pray:t2:

5 Likes

I love insight timer. I’ve used a lot of meditation apps, from paid to free, and I think this one is definitely the best. Or, at least it was. I haven’t used it in a while and I heard they were getting rid of user made groups, which I thought was part of what made it great vs having to use a social media for groups.

< /off topic >

3 Likes

Lot’s of us use it on that meditation for serenity thread. I was using Calm I think it was. But Stella convinced me Insight timer was the way to go. I love the fact I can search for anything and find something.

3 Likes

Checking in…

Feeling really solid these days on this journey. Last weekend I went into a quaint little candy shop and bought some gifts for my family. I didnt even realize until we were riding home that the thought hadnt even crossed my mind of “oh god i want that.” Or " ugh I bet that tastes so good." Or " those are my favorite." No thoughts at all pertaining to myself and the candy. That was a first that I can remember.

7 Likes

Atta gurl!!

I wouldn’t say I’m struggling. But it is a bit harder to start over again. So keep up the great work!

4 Likes

Calm was okay. My credit card gave me a free year. I canceled it half way through. They have nice sounds, but not worth paying for, IMHO. Stella clearly knows what she’s talking about (not that I would ever doubt :wink: )

1 Like

Not anymore Eric, but it’s easy to check in there again I guess. I will look it up!
At day 2 today.

4 Likes

Found it! And look wich meditation is right above that one! A balloonflight in Cappadocia!

How weird is that! :smile:

4 Likes

Wow. That’s amazing. Funny how God works that way. I haven’t actually listened to it yet. If anyone does let me know how it is.
Congrats on day 2

2 Likes

I liked her voice but had to shut it off. If i had fallen asleep i could see where the messages could help hut i was awake and thinking shut the hell up with that. I was laughing to much. But that was me. Please still try it. I only answered cuz you asked. Lol

2 Likes

I love your sense of humor too :joy: thanks for the review. I’ll still check it out. A good voice puts me to sleep.

1 Like

Dont I know it. Fricken sucks…

2 Likes

I forgot to post my 3 weeks of no added sugar.
So…. Since I’m not thinking about the day counter. And I’m just not doing sugar, I thought it would be fun to look at my counter. And do some haphazard math.
I got 23 days no sugar today.
I had 346 days no sugar before I took off about 3 weeks-ish. That 369 with a few weeks off. So I got over a year but not consecutive. And I think that should count for something. :blush:

Anyway……. 23 consecutive days today. :relaxed:

8 Likes

I quit sugar about 6 months ago ( im sure its more near to a yr but i didnt ever set a timer for this), well i dont know if its classed as totally sugar free for me, i just dont use, buy or add sugar to anything but if its already in something i guess i am eating it ?
Like i dont look on the packaging for sugar content amounts like i do calories.

Congratulations on 23 days and i think generally just cutting out as much sugar as possible is a good goal, to make that life style change - the benefits of just doing that are great, so a day off isnt going to impact health much so dont make yourself feel bad for it.
I am not a dr, so if its for serious health conditions this may impact ones health.

Definitely those 346 days counts :grin:
Il still have the rare piece of cake and wont feel bad for it i just cant eat as much as before as it can taste too sweet after a bit.

Like i noticed a monster energy drink has around 240 calories aprox then the no sugar version has 10 calories :face_with_hand_over_mouth: its shocking.

I used to use alot when i add it up. 3 spoons in tea or coffee and lots of cups a day which i no longer drink.
Certain cereals id use so much.

Since cutting out sugar has anyone else noticed they can taste the salt or sugar already in certain foods now ? I have where as before i couldnt.
Thats the next thing for me cutting down salt intake !!

5 Likes

Wooooohooooo congrats!

It does count. Wvery freaking day counts.

4 Likes

#Day 1 no sugar
Came home tired yesterday and ate all I could find. So I’ve reset my sugar counter. Had 8 days.
I think I find my life more boring if I can’t reward myself ones in a while with sweets :flushed:

I do not drink
I do not smoke
I do no drugs

So I like to tread myself with sweets and buying stuff sometimes.
If I’m not allowed to I’m to harsh for myself.

:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:
Is this true ore is that the talk of my addiction?

I think a bit of both.
Any thoughts and help?

4 Likes

I’ve always been a treat myself with food kind of a guy. Or drinks. I always treated myself with drinks. I don’t do that anymore and neither do you.

Not sure what else to say :laughing:

I guess with me if I had some chocolate or cookies or ice cream in the house and I started in on it I know I would binge on it like booze. Maybe I treat myself now with a feeling of accomplishment and knowing I just can’t have even a little. And maybe like booze. My wife has her booze in the house as you know. She also has her I cream and chocolates in the house. And I just can’t touch them. Ya I’m super human. :joy: maybe having that temptation in the house has been a good thing for me. Because I know if I start in on her chocolate chip ice cream. My fav by the way. I won’t stop till it’s gone.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

:partying_face:

7 Likes

Respect! :pray::star_struck::tada:

4 Likes