No more. Another day 1

Found myself opening the TS app this morning hoping to find some strength and community. Three years ago, this app help me get 47 days free from alcohol. Just checking in every day was a way for me to not feel alone. So now Iā€™m back. The last few years Iā€™ve managed to string together a couple weeks of soberity here and there. Now after a three day binge I know I have to be serious about committing to my health and well being. I donā€™t want anymore wasted days. No more.

13 Likes

Welcome back Julia :innocent: :wave:

Recovery is a real change. Itā€™s a step in a different direction. That is a hard thing to do. It is 100% doable, one day at a time; itā€™s simple - the steps are simple - but itā€™s not easy.

Keep checking in here; thatā€™ll help. Many of us use this thread to catch up:

Checking in daily to maintain focus #38

It also helps many people to find a recovery program and work that. Recovery means learning to do things differently, and a group is a good place fo learn. Thereā€™s a good list here:

Resources for our recovery

Thereā€™s also a lot of podcasts and book suggestions there.

Take care, take it one day at a time, and you will be fine. Donā€™t give up, donā€™t isolate - donā€™t listen to that voice that tells you ā€œI just need to get awayā€. It will come. It will tempt you to retreat back to booze. Stand strong and do the opposite: come here and share. Call a sober friend. Do the opposite of running away to booze. Find your community and stick to them like glue! :innocent:

4 Likes

Welcome back Julia. This place has been a cornerstone to my recovery. Iā€™ve come here everyday for the past 828 days and Iā€™ve gone to bed sober each night. Invest time into your sobriety and it will grow. I wish you well.

4 Likes

Welcome back! Stick around, be active here!

2 Likes

Welcome back Jewel!! So glad you are back. It sounds like a good time to make a change. You know exactly what drinking offersā€¦time to discover all the gifts of sobriety!! It isnā€™t easy, but it isā€¦YOU ARE worth it!!

1 Like

Welcome back! This place has helped me a lot. I have been on and off the wagon myself several times. I am trying my best to make this time stick.
Write down how you are feeling today. Use the notes on the reset feature to say what is going on today.
I know another day one can be rough. Hang in there.

2 Likes

Here and meetings will help wish you well

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. It is really one of those days. :hugs:

1 Like

Glad youve made it back, we cant really make it alonešŸ™wishing you well

2 Likes

Welcome back!!! I wish you well :yellow_heart:

Welcome back Jewel. Look forward to chatting :grinning: