No more cigarettes

Making a post to hold myself accountable.

I have smoked my last cigarette. I used to smoke half a pack a day and then quit back in 2012. Since getting sober from alcohol (78 days!) I’ve bought two packs and smoked them all. Not a road I want to go down so I’m writing down my intention - no more smoking cigarettes EVER. It’s smelly and it’s expensive and I want to treat my body better.

Who else has quit cigarettes and how much time do you have?

8 Likes

Congrats on your 78 days off alcohol! No more cigarettes is a great goal. You can definitely do it!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Great decision! Smoking sucks!

Are you going cold turkey?

I started smoking at 12 and smoked for 24 years. I switched to vaping for 4 years, which was worse BTW (as far as nicotine addiction goes) and quit that when I quit drinking; 2 years later this month.

Good for you @Tess!!

Ive been trying to quit on and off for years and am at 41 days currently. Used a vape here and there for the first couple of weeks and have fazed that out now. I’m feeling pretty good about it this time.

33 years this october

2 Likes

Not sure how long. I had quit for about 10 years, then relapsed when my wife and I separated. It took me another year and a half to quit after that. I’d say I’m at about 4 years now. I don’t miss it at all! It took a long time for the smoking dreams to go away though. I’d dream I was looking for cigarettes or I had a cigarette and needed to find a place to hide in order to smoke it, or that I was getting caught smoking. So much anxiety and each time I’d wake up I’d be SO relieved it was just a dream.

1 Like

I’ve been off the cigarettes for 2 years. It’s a horrible addiction and hard to kick. The first week is most painful, the rest is purely a mind game. After a week though, at least for me, was pretty easy breezy.

1 Like

I am. Fortunately, I don’t think I became physically addicted with the two packs because I’m not feeling any cravings. More of a mental, habitual thing. No vaping. Done is done

1 Like

I don’t actually think I’ll have too tough a time because I’m not currently physically addicted like I was back in 2012. It’s more of a habitual mental thing and I’ve had plenty of practice with that with alcohol the last few months :+1:

Congrats Tess for me about a year in November since I stopped. It wasn’t bad compared to quiting alcohol. A lot of cravings after like two weeks but that was all. You made the right choice in quiting.

1 Like

Cigarettes are such a pain to cast aside. I am going crazy. Not even a quarter of my first day without cigs, and I am going crazy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::angry::rage::triumph::unamused::roll_eyes::face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow::frowning::scream::fearful::zipper_mouth_face::grimacing::flushed::pleading_face::shushing_face::cold_sweat::cry::exploding_head: