No more fentanyl

Anyone else newly clean off fentanyl pills? I have 3 days now. Getting back into recovery feels really good. I had a little over 2 years before my relapse. Stopped going to meetings after my daughter was born because I “didn’t have time” and I thought I was solid in my sobriety. I started doing drugs again because I thought they were helping me. Typical drug addict thought process…

7 Likes

You don’t need the drugs trust me I have been down that road my problem was cocaine for about a year and alcohol for about 20 years.Just be you no drugs. That’s all your daughter wants and needs you to be is yourself. Make your daughter your new drug of choice. It worked for me. I was always working or drinking and my two little girls never had time with me without alcohol.I’m Sober 68 days and it feels good to just focus on them and their needs. You can do this thanks for sharing and welcome.

2 Likes

Welcome Emmy! :wave: Yep that drug addict thought process is something we’re all familiar with. The addict brain lies and lies and lies and… eventually we figure it out and start working our sobriety. :innocent:

There’s a good number of people here working their way free from fentanyl. If you search “fentanyl” in the search bar you get a bunch of threads:

https://talkingsober.com/tag/fentanyl

Welcome :innocent: You’re a good person, a good mother, and you deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self.

1 Like

Hi :raising_hand_woman: and welcome, its lovely of you to join us and congrats on your 3 days thats brilliant.
My DOC (drug of choice) was alcohol.
Stay strong your not alone you have all of us :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome Emily and welcome back Dan @dalex77_2

Glad you both are here. :heart::heart:

:orange_heart::seedling:

4 Likes

Welcome back Dan. Good on you flushing that shit out. You deserve to remember your life. You’re not like some sheep being herded. You’re a good man and you deserve to be present and to live, consciously, to choose. To choose, with everything that means.

How you feeling today?

2 Likes

I’ve been clean off crack cocaine and fentynal, I love them both. It’s going on 8 months in six days that I quit everything, with the help of methadone. I’ve noticed that these last couple of months that all I’ve been wanting to do is sleep… With everything and bring on lockdown, it even got worse. I take naps through out the day and sleep at night. I am starting to put things off that I plan on doing but haven’t. How can I start getting it of this rut? HELP!!!

1 Like