No more persistent symptoms

So, I’ve been complaining to you guys for days about my withdrawal symptoms and I woke up today with absolutely nothing. I mean It’s only 1pm so I still have the rest of the day but up until this point I am genuinely happy about that. I also understand Im not out of the woods yet so Im leaving my mind open for any possibility due to the fact I’ve been drinking alcohol for close to 10 years. I’ve been going to the gym regularly and that has been keeping my mind focused on the mission. It does appear that liquor stores have quadrupled since I’ve entered sobriety but maybe that’s just me :sweat_smile:….STAY STRONG GUYS

12 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better. Stay hydrated.:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you so much … Drinking water now as a matter of fact

1 Like

Day 12 and I’m struggling with the craving to go out. Holding myself together and have been reading and I’ve done two meetings so far. I’ve been thinking about joining a gym myself to help with keeping myself occupied.

3 Likes

You really should. I had no motivation to go initially and was bored with the idea but when I got there it was just what I needed. No one bothers you because they got their own goals and you just do your own thing. I have a gym bag, a workout drink and my headphones. I start up my treadmill and zone out. Each day I push myself to do a little more. I figure I dedicated myself to drinking so this should be a breeze and a new dedication. When I think about going out I keep in mind that every time I leave there will be liquor and triggers. I have to prepare mentally.

3 Likes