No quarantine for us....yet

I’m in Northwest Florida, the beach is closed, restaurants are take out only. Aside from other closures its business as usual. I work at a gas station, so we’re considered essential. I’m thankful to be working for an awesome company that’s giving us hazard pay. I can’t say that gives me a sense of security. I’m having issues sleeping at night. Just needed to vent… I’m hanging in there and staying positive. Cravings are at a minimum, most of the time. Anyone else in my area with similar worries and concerns?

3 Likes

We are in Northeast Florida. Same…beaches closed, restaurants take out only (the ones open), non essential stores closed. Eerie out here actually. Nice to see people out walking and biking and fishing and crabbing.

Glad your company is paying you and thank you for working.

Sleep can be tough right now. Meditations help me. :heart:

1 Like

I’m basically not allowed in Florida. :joy:
Since I’m from NJ, you’r governor says I have to quarantine for 14 days if I come there. I had plans to come for a week at Easter to see family but that’s not even enough time to get thru the quarantine. I’d have to come for 3 weeks to make it worth the trip but I can’t get off work that long. Oh well, maybe next year.

2 Likes

It’s the same in a lot of states and countries as well. I am still hopeful my daughter and grandson can get down here soon. She had to move and replace her car and so has been busy with all that…but my fingers are crossed.

Are you near the shore? Are your beaches still open?

2 Likes

I’m closer to NYC. All the popular beaches are now closed. I’m sure by next week the rest will be closed.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your daughter. I sure hope she can get there. This situation is much more manageable with loved ones close by. A real big hug is definitely needed during times like this. :heart:

2 Likes

Definitely more hugs needed all around. When you DO visit Florida, let me know, maybe we can meet up!

Sorry @Jette…didn’t mean to take over your thread…and maybe we can ALL meet up!!!

2 Likes

That would be awesome! I’ll keep you posted on future plans.

1 Like

Yes I’m near the shore. Beaches are closed…

2 Likes

No worries! Meeting up would definitely be cool

2 Likes