No school for at least 2 weeks!

Well the coronavirus is in my state spreading fast. A child got it too, so my school is canceling school after tomorrow I’m actually really happy. They said that it wouldn’t count for summer either so that’s great news. But my friend who I haven’t seen in a while has no school either so we might hang out soon. My mom has a home daycare so she is trying to decide if she should close. My whole family is at risk for the virus. My dad has bad asthma and his lungs are not working 100% (he’s fine it doesn’t effect him that much) my moms immune system isn’t the best, I have multiple chronic illnesses, my sister has one chronic illness but it doesn’t effect her immune system that much though. So these next weeks I’m going to work on my mental health and take some mental health days, and gonna start training for track and field, it’s late to train and an impulsive decision but I really wanna join track so. Yeah. I’m happy about the no school because I hate school haha. Gonna catch up on sleep now. Stay safe from the coronavirus guys!

6 Likes

Yes. Take this time to take care of yourself.

Our province just announced that all schools will remain closed for an extra two weeks post March Break. So the kids are off for 3 weeks. I’m not sure if I’ll take that time too and work from home. I’m not keen on being home with the family!!! LOL

Our whole school district just cancelled too well really all of Denver area did

Well of course i work at the hospital so no time off for me

1 Like

School here is cancelled for 6 weeks. My son is a senior, it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

My thoughts about corona?
Well great time to take one week vacation for me… :expressionless:
Swimming pool closed.
Cinemas closed.
Saunariums closed.
Weather rainy. Getting anywhere involving public communicaton - bad idea.

Perfect time to stay and home and grab a drink and play some video games…
Ohhh wait. Right . Not going to happen also.
Yea. All these flavours and I chosen to be salty :sweat_smile:

It is your time to shine now. people working in health care are the hero’s now! take care of yourself

1 Like

Yeah my kid is just finishing her grade 12. They will be out of school indefinitely due to both of us having immunity compromised systems. I only have 1 lung and other health issues as well as they do.

However I am relieved but they will still have to go to college until they say otherwise - because they won’t graduate. But as far as Monday-Thursday when the March Break is up they aren’t going back. They will do all of their studies online.

I just stocked up for as much as 2-4 weeks. Using a wheelchair is difficult and with all the mayhem and panic even more so.

I get my puppy in 5 days. Once he has landed in Toronto from Calgary (bathed) and at home safely - I will be more relaxed. I am concerned they will ground all planes even in Canada from other Canadian places.

Stay safe people. Social distancing is difficult but worth it.

The virus is negatively impacting me. Many of my customers are closing for two weeks, having their staff telework. So, they aren’t in the office, using coffee and supplies. No need to buy more…from me.

For the moment, my Dojo is still holding classes. I hope they don’t feel the need to close prematurely, as we have belt testing next Friday. I’ve worked very hard for this test, and to have it postponed will suck.

But these are small problems. I have prepared my family for “rainy days” for years. We have savings just for temporary income hits. We keep copious supplies on hand, and have done so for 20 years. Hand sanitizer, wipes, N95 masks, TP, food and water? Got plenty. No need for us to freak out and run to the store. Even if you don’t have months of supplies, store shelves will restock, but certain items may take longer. High rate consumables like food staples and toilet paper will restock quickly, as there is plenty of production capacity.

And as of now, I only one person I know had COVID-19. She was a passenger on that cruise ship in Japan, who was evacuated and quarantined in CA. She has since recovered and is home now.

Statistically, you are way more likely to die in a wreck driving to work, than you are to even catch COVID-19, let alone die from it. Just as we are told to “drive defensively”, we should “live defensively” while going about our days.

The virus has plateaued in China and S. Korea. There may be a second mini-spike as the factories reopen, if this follows the same pattern as SARS and Swine Flu, but it will peter out in a couple weeks. This trend will work its way through the countries now in early stages, and things will normalize over the next 60 to 90 days.

And then we will have harrowing stories to tell our grand kids, about how we survived yet another apocalypse…and we did it sober.

5 Likes

Wow 6 weeks is long. Well ours is just 2 but might extend

Indy is shutting down all schools until 4/5. Public events are being capped at 250 people. One of our largest companies told their employees “If you can work from home, do so.”

My daughter will be “teleschooling” for two weeks, at least. I just got back from picking up all of her books.

My daughters is out till april 20th. NY has over 400 cases so people are losing their minds here. Im more worried about finances and helping my family than getting sick.

1 Like

My daughter’s school is closed as well as mine. We still have lots of homework to do. My son’s kindergarden is closed and my husband is working from home.

It is going to the long two weeks and the danish goverment may very well extend the shutdown.

I am not affraid for the illness, but I find it hard living like that, 4 people in a small house. And I am worried about my education and the impact on the economy in my country.

1 Like

Bavaria and most of German states closed schools, daycare, kindergarten and all public areas for the next 5 weeks. I am not thinking about the sense anymore. It is what it is and if we can help the most vulnerable people than I am more than happy to do so… I hope everyone is over thinking their actions and their own necessities and thinks a bit more of other people. In these times we should all get closer while maintaining the physical distance :wink:

1 Like

This looks like a good resource for kids and parents for at home learning (if your school didn’t provide any)…

1 Like