Nobody to talk too

I have no one around me…
Everyday seems to get harder, I don’t have anybody around me to talk to, nobody to just take away the boredom of the day!

12 days and no family to say well done.

I think the loneliness is gonna tip me over!

12 Likes

you can message me anytime

:slight_smile:

and well done on 12 days
right now im on day 9!!

1 Like

Hi :grinning:
Give your family time, for them 12 days is not much. But for you it is huge! And it is huge.
It’s almost 2 weeks. I am proud for every day I stay sober, every addict should and MUST be!
So: well done! Keep going!
Come here as often as you want / need to. It’s almost constantly anyone online to talk to.
Hugs

3 Likes

You can always try a.a meeting’s… No they may not be for for you, but gaurantee you won’t feel lonely then, and you’ll get that kudo’s you’re looking for. This is also a good time to find yourself, I didn’t talk to anyone for the first 5 months accept for the ppl on this forum. Just keep pushing good job

2 Likes

Thank you…

Just struggling with being on my own, the only conversations I have are with the medical professionals.

3 Likes

I’m on day 12 as well!! Congrats! I feel like almost getting to 2 weeks is a big step in the right direction. Keep it going and hopefully your family will come around. I’m new to here just joined yesterday but everyone here seems to be very supportive already so you can always come and talk to someone here.

5 months…
How did you fill your time.
I struggle with this online meeting stuff but might give it ago… Just scared

4 Likes

12 days - that’s brilliant! Well done on reaching out here. I can patronise you any time you like! But seriously, I do realise how lonely it can get and how encouraging it is to know that people recognise your incredible achievement.
Whatever happens, life does get better and you are taking great strides to make that happen by yourself which shows an inner strength. Keep reaching out and try meetings that others have suggested. Read posts and know that others appreciate your presence here. :pray::heart:

2 Likes

It’s all part of the growth part of getting sober. Learn to just sit with yourself.
Appreciate yourself for who you really are.
This place is great for talking to people.
Plus the online meetings. Weird at first, but, like anything, you’ll get used to it.
Just like being on your own.
12 days is great work.

4 Likes

Being scared is natural…but once you give it a shot you’ll say to youself after what was I even afraid of lol. For me I filled my time with exercise, and still do. Lots of bike rides, hiking and lifting weights…I did alot of mindful meditation and just kind of stuck with setting a foundation. My routine was pretty much the same thing everyday. Now, I’m finally facing my fears. The other day a fellow a.a member invited me to a car show, he didn’t really give me the option of saying no lol, I didn’t know a single person and even tho I can ride a car like crazy and know some stuff idk shit about old cars. So I was clueless and had no idea what to talk about… And I walked away pretty damn proud of myself. But it was awkward and scary as hell. Little things will start coming your way… Promise :slight_smile:

i can understand that

but right now im at a slightly diff spot

all my buddies that i ust to drink and smoke with seem to be available and kinda pressury about chilling.

i love my alone time

i can chill in my mellow apartment anytime

its been kinda confusing lately though

i dont really know but i feel like my neibore friends set me up. im not sure tho… but it was a very good idea i put my 2cents in because there plan fell through. and if i fell for it i would have had 6 damn people in my very small apartment.

i dont know… maybe they are being passive agressive or maybe its a coinsadence

so i managed to avoid all that by knowing what i truly want and sticking by it. kinda interesting

1 Like

What if you don’t like your own company.

2 Likes

I’m not really the meeting type… I live by myself and, for 90% of the time, I work by myself. I live in Europe though I’m from Canada, and I can’t get back to Canada to see my family because of this bloody virus + quarantine. So, I can relate to the whole “alone” thing.
I let myself stop coming back to this forum and quite promptly got right back into my old bad habits (specifically, wine). But I’m back now (only just) and I plan to check in here quite regularly, I find that it really does help, and I think that you’ll find that too.
You have all of us to talk to… considering the different time zones etc., someone will almost always certainly be around.

3 Likes

you matter
you are important
you are loved

never ever forget that

1 Like

Well, again, I can relate… but you can always talk to all of us.

1 Like

This pandemic has halted so much…
I’m actually grateful I put the post up…
I think this is a place where your not judge for the thoughts you have.

4 Likes

I’m glad you were able to avoid that situation.

2 Likes

I feel you girl! It can get super lonely especially with this virus and people distancing themselves.
Have you tried an AA or NA group? I want to try one just to make some sober friends where I live. We shouldnt have to do it alone!
I spend all my time with a 2 year old and it gets very lonely. Yesterday my mind started to get super negative so today I made a schedule to try and help me get through it… so far so good!
It includes morning bike ride, yoga, cleaning, baking, reading, arts and crafts, cooking, and going for walks…

Same, but you can always come on here. That is what I do.

This song just came on and this is exactly how I feel today :joy: