Nobody to understand my fight

Hi so im not sure how to do this sober thing this is my first “serious” attempt to be sober unfortunately its because i have been put on a strict probation im the person who swore they would rather top out in jail then be sober on the outs but i want to not only prove to everyone else but also myself that i can do it so my whole teen and adult life the friends ive made use and they all still use so im struggling hard with this whole alone thing

4 Likes

Jail is a great motivator, isn’t it!

How long have you been sober? In my experience, after a couple of weeks I was able to start really understanding how much better my life could be without booze. I’ve got so much extra free time (previously wasted getting wasted, then recovering from hangovers. ) I’m skinnier, prettier, and have more spending money. Like you, i stopped drinking after criminal problems (DWI) but I’m not court ordered into sobriety.

At first I told myself I was going to quit for a year, both to “punish” myself and to avoid going into debt over my bad decisions. Now, my life is more satisfying, and I’m not thinking about a day when I “can” start drinking again.

I’ve picked up some old hobbies that are really rewarding, hobbies I stopped carrying about because I didn’t have enough time to devote to them. Do you have any old hobbies like that?

I assume you are on intensive supervision or in drug court or something. If that’s the case, I promise you that your probation officer or supervisor WILL understand your fight. They’re the to help you, and they really want you to get better. They’re a great resource for help… don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

Come here often and you’ll find plenty of non judgmental support. We’ve been there. We know.

Best of luck to you, you’ve got this!

4 Likes

@Probationprincess welcome…I suggest a recovery program with people who understand…

1 Like