Nominate your next Moderator!

Just thinking about a few of the issues we have had and lack of sensitivity…thats all

1 Like

Of all the females on here, I think @C-sun would make the best moderator. I have great respect for many of you, but would you make a good mod? Good question. I cant readily answer that. But, I can for @C-sun!

6 Likes

I would nomianate a few people, And all different reasons. Those people in no particular order would be

@anon46927530
@SoberWalker
@MandiH
@EnglishD

2 Likes

You know you have my vote :kissing_heart::purple_heart:
You have grown so much since the last voting.
Love you lady

3 Likes

@C-sun has described the job of the moderator so very well!

1. It’s a service to the community, not an exercise in wielding authority.
  2. The mod needs to have a clearly defined relationship with the community.
  3. The mod needs to be available.
  4. The mod needs to be aware of her own limitations.
  5. The mod needs to be fearless and anchored to the principles of the forum.
  6. The mod should have a minimum sobriety requirement.

I know that I am not available as much as a mod should be. I’m not great at tapping out when I ought to, I tend to persist to be “right”. And I tend to conflate service to others with my desire to win friends and influence people.

In light of her outstanding summary, I stand humbled. I’ll join the ranks of @Yoda-Stevie and refuse nomination, campaigning and serving this time around. Thanks to all who put my name forward.

11 Likes

@Yoda-Stevie
@Eke

2 Likes

I give you big props from here on this post as I agree! I’m finally starting reading down the whole thread and had to stop to comment.

@SassyRocks is someone I’ve grown to respect tremdously for her couth and ability to help guide others in the middle of a conflict in a constructive and level headed way! She’s made me think about things differently at times and I’ve grown as a person because of her wisdom. She’d be a great mod!

Lots of excellent suggestions so far, I do love seeing our little community coming together and appreciating others! :heart: Really cool stuff! Makes my heart happy.

6 Likes

There are so many wonderful folks whose names have been submitted here - all of whom have been tremendous help in me getting and remaining sober.

@DarrenUK, @Eke, @SinceIAwoke, @ifs, @anon30771928 - from the bottom of my heart, I am humbled and grateful for your confidence in me. (I hope I didn’t leave anyone out. If so, thank you as well!)

Having said that, I respectfully decline the nomination. There is a chance I will return to a full time job in August. If that happens, I will not be able to check in as frequently during the day - and off time will be focused on my children. I have every confidence that one of you folks who I absolutely love will do an outstanding job for us.

15 Likes

Is @Steve92 still a mod? He’s not here as much as he used to be though.

I’ve often wondered how you’re doing Steve.

1 Like

I vote @C-sun too…also @SassyRocks

2 Likes

It may take more time, but good idea.

1 Like

My vote for @C-sun too

4 Likes

If Autumn @C-sun is gonna be active she’d get my vote. Didn’t realize she’d be around more or I for sure would have added her to my lil list above.

She’s been the most viking sober person I’ve seen since I joined this app.

4 Likes

I hope you stick around for a while longer…and will always keep popping back to say hello… you bring a different perspective to sobriety success…not AA, not smart but @Yoda-Stevie… which I have always found so helpful… plus you are the closest I have to a sober twin :grin:

4 Likes

My nomination is @MandiH @anon46927530 :grin:

4 Likes

I’m all for @C-sun.

Thanks to those of you who nominated me, but I’m definitely not interested right now. Still have a ways to go before I’m off the med train and that’s my focus right now. Haha, and I moderate enough people at my job. I’m seriously flattered though, so thanks for making my day!

8 Likes

And nominate @C-sun

2 Likes

In no particular order
@Englishd
@anon12657779
@anon46927530
@SoberHappyJessi

2 Likes

Thank you Mandi, it is always nice to know when you have an impact, especially a positive one!!

3 Likes

The feeling is absolutely mutual :heart:

1 Like