Non alcohol beers

What’s peoples thoughts on drinking none alcohol beers when trying too quit does it make you crave the real stuff or does it help ?

Here are two previous discussions you may find useful…

Alcohol free beer - yes or no?

Non alcohol beer

2 Likes

For me it makes me feel like I’m drinking and my mind doesn’t know the difference; I don’t like the taste anyway. Slippery slope for me. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes I would prob be same I feel like I would just be drinking them too get drunk like I do with alcohol. So prob wouldn’t help me

2 Likes

They are gross. They are pointless. I can’t confirm this, but they probably cost to much. Also, I heard from a reliable meme that they caused Coronavirus.

3 Likes

Hahaha ok thanks

Oh I got more if you a like that one. If non-alcoholic beer was a person it would be a Kardashian.

7 Likes

I will drink them as well as non alcoholic wine and spirits.

The thing is to not drink them to the same extent as you did with alcohol. To really achieve sobriety we need to change our lifestyle not just the liquid we inject. So for an occasional treat it’s fine. Don’t use it as a crutch.

JUST MY OPINION. I know many disagree. Ultimately you need to make the choice for yourself. If it will trigger you to drink alcohol then don’t do it.

10 Likes

Yeah this is true maybe I should leave it a while before I try the non alcohol stuff get my head in the game first

2 Likes

I am the same. Very occasionally I fancy an NA beer so I have one.

Although some of them do taste gross and they can be quite pricey.

3 Likes

Its abad idea. See alcohol is the substance. Drinking non alc beer will work for a short time maybe itll even help u feel normal enought to were ud think just one regular beer wont hurt And thats all itll take.

Basicaly non alcoholic beer is still the act of drinking therefore strengthening the addiction.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

This is a slippery slope. In the past I have considered trying it, but came to the conclusion that at some point, knowing my habits, I would find my way back to the real stuff. When the feeling of alcohol induced euphoria isn’t there, the craving for such makes it’s way back. The non-alcoholic beers aren’t producing the experience that I once craved.

2 Likes

Doesn’t help, waste of money for me. It was all or nothing. If it helps someone quit, good for them.

5 Likes

I personally pounded 6 of them in the past. While sober. Started to feel the onset of a buzz. ( because they do have alcohol ) and I was off to the races. Straight to the store for an 18 pack. I felt the effects. I have an allergy of the body. That is one part of my disease. If I consume any amount of alcohol. My body craves more and I can’t stop. I know this to be true for more reasons than one. One of them that stands out to me however was this experience

4 Likes

Bad idea. Try kombucha.

2 Likes

FYI, kombucha also has less than 0.5% alcohol, much like NA beer.

5 Likes

Quite aware of that it’s a fermented prebiotic drink fabled to be good for gut health and is quite enjoyable as a SUBSTITUTE for drinking, in MY experience. 1 year one week no drinking.

2 Likes

Again with this topic?

2 Likes

I’m new too this and didnt see this topic I thought this place was for support and questions so I asked wasnt intending too piss people off mind if you dont want too help then just dont comment simple

2 Likes

Amazing well done