Non alcoholic beer etc. Thoughts please?

Hi just tried a BECKS BLUE beer while out with friends for dinner. It’s non alcoholic and was very nice actually, just wondered what everyone’s thoughts were on the non alcoholic beers wines etc ? For or against ?

Against a soft drink just as good

1 Like

Against, really don’t think I’d get anything satisfaction from it and would just make me want the real Deal

3 Likes

Yup. That shit is a fast track back to the real stuff

2 Likes

We had a nice conversation under the following link:

3 Likes

We’ve had many a NA beer and wine conversation.

Drinking an NA beer is just trying to fit into a life I no longer want, I’m against them

1 Like

I say this every time this question comes up.
There are those of us that believe that we have something akin to an allergy to alcohol. That even the smallest amount (.05%) consumed will spark a craving of the mind and body that can be beyond our control.

Now do I have this “allergy”? No idea. I haven’t tested those waters. And I’m not going to either.

So I’m against😉

1 Like

Yes, that is why I suggested the thread.

1 Like

I don’t have them just because there is still a little alcohol in it. I am in love with ginger beer though when going out! No alcohol. Has a nice bite to it bc of the ginger

1 Like

Against, I just don’t see any point.

1 Like

The habit is what we are trying to break I thought?

1 Like

I passed the point if drinking it for the taste. I was drinking to get drunk. Not looking into replacing it with something else. So, no NA beverages for me either.

2 Likes

Water is a great replacement bc you’ve changed your behavior and it’s healthy. NA beer is well, nothing good.

1 Like

I feel about non alcoholic beer the same way I feel about decaffeinated coffee which is “what’s the point of drinking that?”.

2 Likes

I was tricked into drinking decaf. I almost reset my counter :joy:

2 Likes

Someone asked me what Odouls tastes like and I said it tastes like rusty foamy water. If there was booze in it it would taste awesome… Hmmm, Alcoholic perhaps?:thinking: I’d say so. Hello step one.

1 Like

Ginger beer and coconut water (roasted when I can find it) are staples in my fridge. The Reed’s Extra Ginger is my favorite.

3 Likes

I am in agreement. After getting home from dinner having had the alcohol free beer I did just think what was the point ? Was I trying to trick my brain into thinking I was still drinking ? Not going down that road. No more NA beer for me . Thanks for your advice all

3 Likes

Remember the old tag line for O’Douls?

“Its what beer drinkers drink, when they’re not drinking beer.”

Welp, I’m not a beer drinker, so nah.

Where do you get reeds?

1 Like