Non alcoholic beer

With a comment like that I think you’re going to actually scare Jesus away so you better come back to the light

@Staci You need to go to counseling or to meetings and talk to someone. Your kids could grow up to be just as miserable as you if you don’t get healthy. Do it for the love of your kids if not for yourself.

1 Like

Hey @Staci I’m sorry to hear you’re having a hard time. I was in that mindset not too long ago. It’s really important you chat to somebody - a friend, counsellor, therapist, or even have a big vent on here! Hope you feel better soon, you’re on the right track in this place.

I’ve heard this saying many times and I do get it…but st the same time non-alcoholics drink real beer and have no problem with it so they don’t need NA beer.

But I’m not saying alcoholics should drink NA beer or wine…it really depends on the person. For ME, drinking the NA stuff was never a trigger. Where I get in trouble is when I get that first buzz. That’s when I start drinking more and more in an attempt to keep the buzz. Unfortunately I quickly turn into a sloppy/slurring drunk. So as long as I never get a buzz I’m good. So for ME NA beer or wine is no different then drinking a juice or pop.

BUT I know many here have said that the taste triggers them. They get a feeling if “If I’m going to drink this stuff I might as well have the real stuff and get buzzed from it”.

I guess my point is (and it’s yo the whole forum, not just you) that every person needs to stop and think for themselves what will happen if they do drink them. I don’t believe anyone should ever say “yes” or “no” as a one answer fits all people. We are all the same but also all differentl at the same time.

FOR THE NEWBIE…I will suggest, if you don’t know what your trigger is then don’t test the waters until you feel for confident. Perhaps NA beer is not a good idea on your first sober weekend. You need some sober confidence first.

Good luck to all.

3 Likes

Oh, I forgot…WELCOME @Hazmat77!! Thanks for sharing. I hope you continue to share. You sound like you have a lot to offer.

3 Likes

Aaron u still on here I miss u friend I’m out of rehab

I wouldn’t. I know it might sound weird but i drink Apple juice have no idea why it helps lol but it does

NA beer is still gross. And pointless.

3 Likes

I was never a beer drinker unless out camping. Yesterday I went out on my first sober social, to a pub for lunch. I had an NA beer for first time ever. Turned out to have .04 and I felt it and stopped drinking it. I didn’t like the feeling at all and won’t be having one again.

1 Like

Good for u its not worth it at least u stopped the moment u found out good for u