Non alcoholic beers

Seen too many sober white knuckle alcoholics use them as an outlet then BANG they graduate back to alcohol

2 Likes

I’d be too nervous to start drinking them. It would jumpstart my cravings more than likely.

2 Likes

Your talking about my father. :man_shrugging:t2:
He wouldn’t listen and offcourse he is drinking again.
I hate it but I let it go. I cannot change him or anything about it.

3 Likes

I decided to quit drinking two weeks ago and I was drinking coke schweppes and pepsi.

However yesterday me and wifey were going to a country house that I love. Make bbq, swim, play with the dogs. That place triggers me an IMMENSE craving of beer. Usually I would waste myself and on the evening wife should drive us home.

So on saturday I decided Id buy heineken 0.0 which I believe tastes better than most of the alcoholics beer I ever tried. They hadnt it on the supermarket and I bought a lesser mark, only 3 cans because I thought it would be horrible.

Let me tell you this: I had all of the three while making the bbq and was surprised that it wasnt that bad. I mean it tasted like an ordinary average beer. I only took one schweppes because it was so sweet. I think there must have an physical aspect of my alcohol addiction (sipping several cans obsessively) like the sucking habit of smoking and for this one the non-alcoholic beer worked just fine. It didnt trigger me at all the desire to drink common beer, it fooled very well my brain.

I wont abuse on it tho because probably will take me dangerous closer to a relapse. But for emergency situations I will try to have a backup of good non alcoholic beers. Good thing that they are even more expensive that alcoholic beers so I wont make an habit of it, but only for emergency. This morning I won my 2 weeks badge!

Look up liquid death water! The sparkling kind is awesome. It has the same can feeling and that crack when you open it but it’s water!