Non alcoholic beers

Just wondering everyone’s thoughts or experience with non alcoholic beer as a drink alternative.

there are so many threads on this subject if you hit the magnify icon at top right and search :slightly_smiling_face: i prefer to not drink them at this stage, but i have had them and they’ve successfully curbed my desire to get alcoholic beers. today, i have much better tools to get past cravings.

6 Likes

Dont drink them they contain a small amount of the stuff you dont want to drink ,nothing wrong with soft drinks soda water and lime is mine

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll look them up.

1 Like

At first, I used non alcoholic beers in social settings. Threw a koozie on it & avoid the “your not drinking?” Questions. Now, it’s just empty calories. My friends don’t care I don’t drink. I opt for sparkling waters.

7 Likes

I like non-alcoholic Sangrias. They sell them at any Mexican store. Gives a grape taste close to stella.

2 Likes

I occasionally have them although honestly I don’t see the point. There are much nicer and cheaper drinks available. I had one at the weekend to see what it was like and I sank the pint so quickly… If nothing else it reaffirmed what would happen if I ordered a beer!

Some NA drinks have some alcohol in them (up to 0.5%), which apparently is naturally occurring in some things. I guess the main danger is that you end up giving yourself the taste for an alcoholic drink, and/or you aren’t really changing your behaviour or addressing the issue, keep hanging out in the same places etc. It’s all totally personal though, if it helps keep you sober then why not I reckon.

5 Likes

I started off being against them…but now i feel there is a place for them. I also think more pubs will open in the future just selling alcohol free drinks.

When i go out i drink diet coke but my god its filling me up with Bubbles

5 Likes

I think it definitely depends on the person. For a beer drinker like me, I just think, “Meh.” They irritate me more than anything. It’s basically just an overpriced, crap beer with none of the effects that I drank beer for in the first place. There are a lot of drinks I enjoy a lot more.

I am a huge fan of super spicy ginger beer. Tasty and satisfying.

8 Likes

Alcohol almost stole my marriage, my job and my relationship with my kids.
It DID take my dignity, values and sense of self.
I have no urge to “play” drink in any situation.

3 Likes

That’s my go-to when I’m really craving :+1: (I have ‘layers’ of my go-to drinks :roll_eyes::joy:)

3 Likes

I sometimes drink 0.0% beers. I like the cold og bitter taste. But beer has never been my drug of choice. I have always been a winer.

2 Likes

It’s a no from me!

Is it normal to drink 12 bottles in 30 mins?
I drink them just as fast and romanticise alcohol

I wouldn’t do that with coke or water

8 Likes

tried it, liked it then I’m convinced I got drunk so never again.

2 Likes

It’s been said.
That you are just screwing over your dopamine system with non alc. Drinks.
Your receptors feel as if they should get the substance and then they don’t.

What happens to a kid if you promise them some candy and then give them like fake carrot candy :joy: grumpy little minions you get… I am not risking it.

4 Likes

I can only speak for myself, but I found that drinking non alcoholic lager helped me understand and identify (by its absence) the impulse and buzz that alcohol gives me. Its like I felt my brain searching for the buzz when I was drinking a few bottles. Not feeling it helped me understand what I’m working to overcome.

Hope that makes sense.

3 Likes

Right? They really ruin the expectations I had. Lol

2 Likes

For me it’s like playing the old life without the buzz so I really don’t see the point for myself, just makes me irritated. It’s more of just teasing the old habit and I prefer not to risk it.

2 Likes

It’s a no for me. Like smoking THC free weed, or snorting hydrochloride free coke, what’s the point? :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s a no from me.

2 Likes