Nonreligious support groups

So over the years and many attempts to stay sober, I’ve flirted with the thought of AA meetings.

First, I’m a very introverted person so the thought of going to any public meeting makes me want to vomit. I have a hard time going to the bar without pregaming.

Second, I’ve downloaded the 12 step program and the good book and skimmed it over. Good material but for myself I can’t get past the religious aspect of it. I know finding religion is a great thing for many people and AA is based on just that. No judgment on anyone’s religious views, it’s just not for me.

I’ve done the 30 day challenge by Annie Grace and I was successful with completing the 30 days.

Any other good options? Maybe pagen friendly? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe use this forum as a support group? If you get active and hang around daily, you do form connections and it can be a good place to give/receive support.

Additionally, there are some non secular programs available, scroll down to the program section…

Glad you are here!! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I do exactly what @SassyRocks just suggested and this place works for me…im 18 months sober and im on here daily…i couldnt be sober without this place, glad you found us :blush: :heart: :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Thank you for the resources! :blush:

3 Likes

I try to hold myself accountable and check in daily. It does seem to make things easier

4 Likes

Thats good, theres such a wealth of things on here that you can do besides just holding yourself accountable tho…read around…learn from other people…help others…ask for advice about things…even light hearted stuff like memes etc its a great place to be with amazing people

2 Likes

SMART meetings are science based and also available online. A Google search will get you to their website for more info.

Congratulations on completing the 30 Day challenge!

2 Likes