Not sure how to process

So today I got to look at the place I was 162 days ago. It breaks my heart to watch a fellow member of my AA group to fall apart at every level. Short story is he went to detox today until Monday when he will go to treatment. I am so thankful I’m not there anymore and I can see and hear the agony pouring out of him. It stirs feelings that I had lived with for sooooo long and I finally turned and faced them. But at the same time the feelings are there in me still so hmmm. It was sobering and scares me that I still have these feelings. I’m so glad he is going to get help. During this whole ordeal I got to see humanity at its greatest by someone arranging all the beds he will need and tell him to not worry about the cost. Such a huge day. I’m just in awe I tried to stop for a meeting in a city on the way home but it was almost over by the time I got to town so I’m sharing my day with all of you. Just for the record everyone on here that is searching for help and giving support you all ROCK.

10 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing @Chad_R. It helped me put in perspective emotions I was having today.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing it was really great for the share and gives me some extra motivation is what I need. Thanks again!

1 Like

Thank you @Chad_R. I couldn’t get to a meeting today. Your share helped me a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the story Chad. I’ll pray for your friend. Humanity at its greatest indeed. There are amazing people in here and in that program. We take care of our own. Love ya brother!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, this helped me see where i was 22 days ago and where I am now.

1 Like