Oct-sober-fest

34th reset, really sick of feeling sick. Going to read me some Allen Carr, and try to get my mind right. The question is always what am I going to do different this time, and I don’t know.

9 Likes

Oct-sober-fest sounds like a good start! What do we wear? And what is our drink of choice?

It’s getting cooler here so I think for my Oct-sober-fest I will be wearing wellies, going for walks in the woods and coming home for a cup of chai tea :fallen_leaf::tea:

In terms of things you could do differently… There is a brilliant list of sobriety resources here:

Might be a good place to help find some different ways of doing it? There must be something there to try?

7 Likes

I’m doing sober October too! We can do this!

2 Likes

Really feel like a$$ today. Nice healthy withdrawals, and the “talk” waiting for me at home after work.

1 Like

My contribution to Oct-sober-fest - some autumnal leaves from a short walk round town. Nice and cool and crisp. Picked up some conkers too, I love the little things that you notice when you stop to look.

Home now, about to make a cup of chai tea and have a chill on the sofa.

4 Likes

hi, B! have you been going to meetings, by any chance? there are some wonderful meeting at in the rooms. there are some wonderful resources in the link @siand shared. reach out here if you’re ever craving and need a talk down from the ledge. :heart:

2 Likes

Twitter looks good, except for that idiots daughter stealing recovery month to feed her ego. Also survived the talk, hopefully going to get hooked up with shrink, and definitely checking in on a few lifering meetings

2 Likes

Reddit has r/stop drinking…a very supportive community as well. Every little bit, eh?

1 Like

Happy 1 week to all oct-sober freinds. Last night was tough but woke up, another sober day.

4 Likes

Double Digits Bitches :grin: still haven’t been able to find a meeting, or counselor…but making the effort. 21 days until this becomes No-booze-vember.

4 Likes

I’m on day 13 and also doing sober October! We can do this!

1 Like

Whoop whoop!

1 Like