Off pills and powder

London chap here. It is the weekend and I’m reading a novel with a clear head. This is my. First post. Anyone local?

11 Likes

Welcome Damian! Congrats on your sobriety/cleanness! No local connection for you here, but an Amsterdam guy wishing you all success in your journey towards a better life. Glad to have you on board, the more the stronger we are. Can’t do it all alone. Together we can do this.

2 Likes

Cheers. Great to read your words. Found this app and like the vibe.

2 Likes

Welcome Damian! Am not in UK, but wanted to say, check out this recent thread…

Welcome to the community! I’m not in your area but glad you’re here :+1:

1 Like

Welcome! This is a great first step

UK here too Damien. Welcome. My first day posting here too although been a silent lurker for way too long. Which novel are you enjoying?

1 Like

The Name of the World by Dennis Johnson. Second one of his. I read Train Dreams and really enjoyed it. Soo many good reads I could discuss. Hi, where in the UK are you?

Lancashire lass here. They sound like great books. I would like to pick up a book again one day. Perhaps that’s a challenge for next week. What else do you have planned for the weekend?

Ah lovely part of the world. The weather is grey and is cupping the ground so not much for today. I read your post, we are both venturing onto this forum using words at same time it seems

Thanks Damien. Its very grey rainy and cold here too. Yes I think speaking out no matter what the topic will help us both. I have tried the silent lurking way it didn’t help for long.
I have to go swimming soon which I’m really not looking forward too, I absolutely don’t feel like it but I’m doing it for someone else and… it breaks up the day.
I know I’ll enjoy it once there and feel like I’ve accomplished something. My habit made me rather lazy and entitled at times. Time to make some changes. I will be back later to chat more :smile:
Have a lovely afternoon.

Message when back hun

Who did you swim with. I remember swimming in the sea at Corfu, it was calm and transparent and I could swim out such a long way and just float face down looking at the foundation of stone that held the water.

Hey Damien. I swam with a special needs family member who sometimes hates it… sometimes loves it. Today was a good day :relieved:. The last time I went a few months ago the pool was freezing and I got covid a week later. Sort of put me off for a while but the pool was warm today. It was nice to do something different. I like corfu I went years ago. Actually swimming in warm countries is amazing I miss it. How is your Saturday going?

Welcome home
Glad the swim went well. Yes I love the hear, I was born for the continent lol.
I went for a wander and a coffee. Thinking about this year whilst doing so. I’m pretty good at photography so I thihk ill take note pictures this year.
Are you warm and cozy now?

Congrats to you and if no ones told you I’m proud of you!