Officially a week sober. Almost caved last night

I’m so grateful that I didn’t. I almost convinced my boyfriend who’s been helping me through my withdrawal, my insomnia and my progress to ‘secretly’ share a six pack with me last night. Instead, we smoked a hoot and had some non-alcoholics. The upcoming weeks I know are going to be tough with Halloween parties followed by Christmas, but fingers crossed I don’t slip.

1 Like

Congrats on not slipping up.
Im pwrsonally avoiding any big partys for awhile. I dont have any problems being around my wife if shes drinking wine. I actualky still go to rhe liquor store to get it for her. She can drink responsibly…
Or be around all my coworkers wgo drink after work, but i think for me, i need to avoid any partys where everybody will be drinking booze. I dont wsnt the temptation just yet

1 Like

Hit those meetings! A lot of times during big triggering holidays for people they’ll have round the clock marathon meetings. Chances are there’ll even be some halloween parties that night ans definately some events the weekend before. Idk where you are but i know theres tons of halloween stuff going on near me. Make an announcment in a meeting askinf people about halloween events and i gaurantee youll get answers and evem some people offering to hang out with you that nivht. Good luck!!! I got clean right before 4th of july but i just stayed off social media, didnt think about it, and lived at those aa meetings whenever i wasnt at work.

it’s great you didn’t slip Thankx to super power which is running life all if us…good to hear from you…