Officially one week post my last dose of subutex

So I tried to do this a month ago. And the withdrawal was too hard and I caved. But it’s been a whole week since my last dose. I managed to wean down to .5mg before I stopped. The third day was the worst. Shaking and sweating and insomnia. But the insomnia has stuck around and it’s wearing me out. My mental health is battling some seriously intrusive thoughts because of the sleep deprivation. I can’t use I have no one to supply so that’s a plus and I flushed the rest of my meds before night three so I wouldn’t cave and take any. I just needed to vent because my hubby has no idea how to help or what I’m going through.

8 Likes

Keep fighting. Good for you to come here for support! Im sorry you’re struggling. Have you tried a hot shower? A cold shower? A walk? Sleepy time tea? Meditation?

Dont give up hope. Things will get better!

3 Likes

I’m detoxing from Methadone. I’m going real slow. Just 2 MG per month. If you need to talk to anyone, you can talk to me. We are SO vulnerable while we’re in withdrawal, so please, please take extra good care of yourself. Surround yourself with loved ones who support you & do lots of self care! You’re doing amaxing just by being here.

6 Likes

I’ve been taking supplements to help with sleep but they don’t help, I walk 2 miles in the morning and one mile at night before bed but the insomnia is making even that a struggle.I am just trying to keep at it and know that the more my body gets used to the exercise the faster it will recover but it’s so hard.

2 Likes

My brother was on methadone and he did the same thing you are doing. Really slow taper until he was getting like a drop of methadone in his cup. He said he didn’t feel any withdrawal besides like a headache for a couple days and some anxiety/ depression. So I wish you luck.

3 Likes

Roxy, you seriously have no idea how happy I am that you shared this information with me. Thank you so, so much!

2 Likes

Awww I’m glad that it helps. The slower you go the easier it will be. Give your body time to get rid of the excess build up from each previous dose. He felt silly going and paying everyday for a literal drop of medicine but he said it was worth it. And I’m honestly mad at myself for going back to Subutex after my relapse. I feel like methadone would’ve been better because I wouldn’t have allowed myself to get to a high dose. Both meds take forever to leave the system though. I didn’t pee clean til day 7 which was yesterday. The insomnia with sub withdrawal lasts weeks. It’s the one thing I wish I had something to help with. :joy: If you want it badly enough you will allow your body to go through literal hell to get to the other side.

1 Like

You’re doing SO good, Roxy! Proud of you. :purple_heart: Post about your detox as much as you need to. I’m so glad that we can talk about detoxing from Methadone/Suboxone here! I was worried about talking about it here at first bc a lot of ppl I know & I have had some pretty nasty reactions to us being on Methadone/Suboxone from ppl in AA/NA. I’ll definitely be posting about my journey in the future though now that I know it’s safe. :white_heart:

1 Like