Officially the start of day 3

Today marks the beginning of day 3 with zero alcohol. Mornings are the toughest. Where some people prefer to wake and bake, I would wake up and start my day taking shots of vodka. I’m fortunate to be in a hospital where medical staff are here to keep me in check and I’m blessed with very supportive friends and family. One day at a time right?

5 Likes

Been there and done that, you’re not alone.

Exactly. Take it slow and don’t make yourself anxious by dwelling on the thought of not drinking in the future. Focus on the present and the days will add up. I hope you are able to leave the hospital soon!

2 Likes

Good for you, and good for you for getting the help you need. I too was a morning drinker. Bad news for sure. Keep checking in with us!

2 Likes

Take care of yourself when you come home from the hospital, glad you’re feeling better because alcohol is poison. You’re not alone a lot of us have been there as well, you’ve made a good decision :metal::pray:

2 Likes

UPDATE!! 34 days sober and feeling great! Thanks for the support everyone! :pray::purple_heart:

5 Likes

After I got out of the hospital, I went to AA meetings, trying to make the 90 meetings in 90 days.
I’ll never forget at about 30 days, l was in a meeting and some guy was celebrating 9 months sobriety.
I sat there wondering why he was even at a meeting if he was 9 months sober. If a person had been sick with some disease and had been well for 9 months you would consider him cured, so why keep coming back after you’ve been clean for several months? Well, after 29 years and 6 months I still go to an occasional meeting because I’m still the person I was 30 years ago, but now, I have a better way to live.
I was dying when I entered the hospital nearly 30 years ago, today I am comfortably retired with money in the bank.
You will never stop needing to work on your life. We are a work in progress. It isn’t over until you die.
If you go back out, it might be sooner than you think.
Good job and good luck.
Keep me informed.
DK

2 Likes

Dang, 12string, that was a great post. Thank you.

1 Like