Oh likes this on the holidays?

Since it’s the holidays I have a very important question to ask everyone. I love EGG NOG is it good or not ? My family thinks I’m gross for drinking it!

3 Likes

I really have no idea i see it in grocery stores when i go shopping with wifey but never get the courage to pick it up and have a taste what does it taste like ? shouldnt matter whatever you like is what you like :joy:

I like it!! There’s also a local jersey dairy farm here that makes it in glass bottles. It doesn’t have the preservatives and fillers most of the regular carton store bought stuff has that they sell here, and it’s so tasty! Pretty rich though but nice in small amounts.

That’s an excellent question for this thread! Create a poll & find out the Talking Sober Truth:

1 Like

Haha and on that thread, I had a poll about my eggnog cheesecake vs other flavour I was debating. There were some strong anti-eggnog opinions happening :rofl:
(I didn’t use eggnog to make it; just the similar spices of cinnamon/nutmeg with vanilla lol)

2 Likes

Mmmmm that sounds delicious! :yum:

I’m not an eggnog fan but my nephew would try each December to see how much he could drink during the month… I think he was up to 20 gallons. He would gain like 10-15 lbs. He had high metabolism would burn it off the next month… I am not sure why he did this, just a challenge I guess… :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Hard to describe like milk but thicker some as cinnamon others vanilla or just original.

I agree with Matt sounds good.

Ugh - that’s disgusting. I mean, ok, if you like eggnog, fine, drink eggnog, but gaining 20 pounds from it? Like why?

I love egg nog! But since it is so thick I usually cut it with something like milk or almond milk, whatever I have around, to make it a little less rich if I want to drink a whole glass. Most of the time I just get a small bottle and use it in coffee in the morning around the holidays. So tasty!

Also, have you ever had egg nog ice cream??!! :yum:

1 Like

Haha I think it’s ok in very very small amounts lol

I won’t post it here because it’s disgusting, but this reminded me of the original run of “Jackass” where they had a competition to see who could drink the most eggnog in an hour. Think it was Knoxville (dressed as santa), Preston (dressed as snowman), and Dave England (dressed as an elf).

I haven’t seen it in like 15 years, but it ended pretty much like you’d think it would.

No that sounds good though. But I have had avocado ice cream

My favourite drink of the season… always making it from scratch. So many options… in the past always with all sorts of alcohol… this year, today, first try at an alcohol free version, using oat milk, almond vanilla milk and spiced AF gin and others. We’ll see. Happy holidays all…

2 Likes

Avocado ice cream sounds nice as does egg nog @MagicILY . Living near Heston Blumenthal’s Fat Duck restaurant in Bray, I have had some weird ice creams including smoked haddock ice cream with mackerel sorbet, egg and bacon ice cream and mustard sorbet, as well as a green tea mousse poached in liquid nitrogen at the table! :yum:

1 Like