there are some life issues

i bought scratch tickets
with my gf bday present money

im a outcast
i have mental illness

im not bad
i just fk up

Not sure what to make of this.
It reads like a haiku but obviously it’s not.
Hope your okay brother

1 Like

This is from your post the other day. Did you follow through on writing a journal?

2 Likes

Mental illness or not our recovery is still our responsibility.

Quoting how it works.

There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

I am on of those people. Once I was given a mental health diagnosis I used it as an excuse for my continued use. It wasn’t until I got honest with myself, and admitted that my excuse was nothing more than bullshit, that I was able to get sober. My mental illness didn’t force me to drink and drug. It just gave me a reason not to address my addiction.

8 Likes

i told my ex girlfriend the news.
she broke up with me
but its weird… i almost feel happy i let her go move on

im not where i should be

i never started the journal

im just so beat

Maybe her leaving will be the kick in the ass you need to start moving forward.

3 Likes

Matt, I know it feels hopeless but you have it in you to do this. Now is a perfect day to start on working on you.
Have you picked up today? Do you know any sober friends?

2 Likes

Perhaps next time try reaching out on here before you pick up. I understand that you took a couple of heavy blows today but we as addicts will always find something to use as an excuse to pick up. If you are serious about recovering I suggest this as your next step!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@anon13078412
its in the moment

once i decide to drink im done

@englishd
i need some thing to remind me that pot and beer are no good for longer term
my roommates help
the journal could too

It’s always in the moment but you need to realise that you have to do something or you may aswell resign yourself to the fact that you are going to drink and smoke for the rest of your life.
You’ve come in and posted about it now surely you can have the wherewithal to do that in the moment! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This thread should be a good reminder. Being alone will be a constant reminder as well. All the pain you are trying to mask with drugs and alcohol will be a good reminder. A journal will be a good reminder. All good reminders if you actually read it. Or remember. A reminder works only if you want to remember it

2 Likes

i cirtenly hope so

1 Like

What’s your mental illness if you don’t mind me asking? Or are you referring to addiction in general.
You need to do something to break the pattern mate. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Please remember just BC you have the thoughts doesn’t mean you have to follow through them,try not to give it so much power.we feed our thoughts and that’s what gives them the permission to grow and totally overwhelm us try working on you and each day as it is be it good bad or indifferent.

2 Likes

Practice doesn’t need the be perfect :pray:

1 Like

This is so important. Sooooo important. There is so much power in this. So much recovery wisdom :innocent: Thanks for sharing it Emma :smile:

2 Likes

heyy pants

i just woke up from a nap
i still dont feel 100% though

my mental illness is schzophrania

1 Like