Omg how many times to l have to reset

Get a sponsor you won’t understand the “book” by yourself… Point blank period… That’s the only way… U want to talk offline msg me

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re feeling better, well done for getting back to it! Hold on to those negative feelings associated with drinking, try and remember them next time you are tempted! That’s what I do anyway, drinking might make me forget stuff but it never solves my problems or makes me feel better once the fog has lifted.

Have you read any recovery books? I found This Naked Mind helpful for shifting my perception about alcohol. Allen Carr and Jason Vale have also written books which are often recommended.

Hope you’re getting some support for your anxiety… Don’t know if you’ve tried meditation? There is a thread on here with lots of links to YouTube which might be worth a go:

I do have a sponcer and we started going through the Book but l wasn’t getting it. Maybe it was my mind wasn’t really concentrating on it as too much other stuff on my mind. We got to step 4. Then l slipped up. Then l thought what’s the point of all this. But l am back trying again.

1 Like

No not getting support for anxiety but l clearly have to as l know l have it. I do do yoga but haven’t lately due to an operation l had. I did go for a run which made me feel better at the weekend.

1 Like

Well done @Janine_King

Like you say, dust yourself off and get back to it.

Thinking of you.

1 Like

Also it me be frowned upon but l am reading Russell Brand’s, recovery freedom from our addictions. I also read The unexpected joy of being sober by Catherine Gray.

2 Likes

Thank you. X

1 Like

I love yoga! I am doing Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. Definitely find it helps keep me centered. Meditation and moving more (I am not a fan of running but I like walking) are good for feeling calmer also help me. But maybe worth a chat with your doctor and see what support is available to you that way?

I don’t think there’s any reason that the Russell Brand book would be frowned upon, I’ve certainly seen it talked about here and people have said good things! Likewise for the unexplained joys of being sober, I saw an article she wrote recently and would like to give the book a try.

Why can he not be removed from this group I don’t understand ?

1 Like

It is a good read and l am enjoying Russell Brand’s book. He has been there and tells you as it is. I am feeling good today and been for a run again. Trying to stay on the right track now.

2 Likes

I’m reading Recovery along with my AA step work! It helps me get even more into the step by giving it new perspective and layers. Also, Russell Brand is awesome.

1 Like

I’ve just ordered Russell Brand’s book off Amazon. Hope it’s good

1 Like

Well that will definitely suit me then !! :laughing:

Good for you! The good days are times we can spend building our foundation in preparation for the next time a not so good day comes along :heart:

I’ve never heard of that before. Looking into it now!

1 Like

It is a good read.:blush:

2 Likes