On suboxone here to do online counseling

I have been clean for 10 years now! Suboxone has saved my life literally. I am a nurse for 23 years now and own a restaurant. Nice to meet you all. The only issues ive been having is severe migraines. Anyone on suboxone experience the same thing?

4 Likes

Welcome Jessica. :blush:
Congratulations on 10 years! :tada: :partying_face:
I was on suboxone at the start of my journey but never experienced migraines, only headaches when I was on a high dose (24 mg daily). The headaches subsided as I tapered down though. Have you asked your prescribing physician? I would guess…If the migraines weren’t present from the start, it’s probably not due to this medication. Migraines are debilitating and I feel for you. Please see your doctor and get to the bottom of it.

3 Likes

I have done a MRI of brain and that came out good. I have 2 herniated discs in my back and my doctor thinks thats what is possibly causing the headache. I just did 12 sessions of physical therapy so ill go back soon to get a mri of my back ordered. My back pain has been unbearable lately. What continues to happen though is the headache starts 30 mins after i take my suboxone. I did research and saw that nalaxone can cause headaches :weary:

3 Likes

Hey Jessica, so sorry to hear about your herniated discs. I sympathize with your pain. I had disc surgery 5 years ago after alternative methods failed to relieve any of the pain. Sending positive and healing vibes. :heart:

2 Likes

Hey, everyone. hope all is well. I have been going through it. I lost my 2nd brother unexpectedly at 39 years old 2 weeks ago. I had my 3 MRIs done, and i have several buldging discs and degenerative changes, mild scoliosis. I have been in so much back pain that it is excruciating. Ibuprofen has always worked but isn’t working anymore. I am being referred to a neurosurgeon but dont know what my future holds for pain control. They say suboxone should help with pain but i don’t get any extra relief with it.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss, Jessica. Losing a sibling is devastating but even more so at young age. And dealing with extreme pain complicates everything.
Sending you lots of love and big hugs :people_hugging: :heart:

1 Like

Pain is so hard - it makes you feel like your body is out of your control. It is a heavy burden.

Have you explored mindfulness and pain? It is an active area of research and an additional avenue to explore in your personal journey. There’s nothing to lose by trying it:

1 Like

Hey everyone hope you all are well. Ive been okay, still dealing with severe back pain. I am being referred to a spine doctor so im hoping they can do something. I lost my family dog of 11 years at the end of last month which was sooo hard on me. Other than that just been super busy. Thanks for all the great responses and condolences on my baby brother. Appreciate you all.

1 Like

Oh no! So sorry for the loss of your fur baby. You’ve had an extremely a tough year. Hopefully, the new spine doctor will bring you some relief. Sending well wishes and hugs. :people_hugging: