ONE DAY AT A TIME! And the journey continues..✨️💫

:sunny:"Hello, world! Celebrating two weeks of sobriety today!

The first week was a real challenge, especially during those usual hangouts with close friends, carrying along those terrifying withdrawal symptoms :worried:. Offers came my way, tempting me to reconsider. Thought, “Why not just go back to the old routine, chill out, and not worry so much?” Then came the lonely evenings :face_holding_back_tears:, felt like the world had me beaten down, broke, and exhausted. And I craved that familiar escape, like a desperate need for a painkiller or a heal spell, in those lonely moments feeling worn out and frustrated, felt being isolated and lost in the crowd,:roll_eyes: going back again seemed like a quick fix, a momentary escape from self. Life tested me, pushing me to the edge. There were instances I almost gave in, thinking, ‘Just for today, one more last…:thinking: a temporary relief…’

Yet, as I pen this, I reflect on the progress. After multiple failed past attempts this is the LONGEST I am holding on to. THAN EVER BEFORE! I’m holding strong because I know I am going RIGHT😐, head held high. One day at a time.

The journey continues, and I’m determined to keep moving forward. :muscle:."

Peace✨

#SobrietyJourney #StayStrong #SobrietyWins #KeepGoing

11 Likes

Congratulations on your achievement :+1:keep those days coming, we can do anything for 24 hours.

2 Likes

Keep going! Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m on Day 13 and withdrawal is still kicking my butt. Seems like some of us just have it a little harder, and it’s nice to know I’m not alone.

3 Likes

Way to go congratulations on 20 days you got this ADAAT :muscle:

2 Likes

Good job! I find reading posts like this helpful and inspirational for myself, thank you for posting.

2 Likes