One day for me

Today is my first day sober from alcohol. I am terrified and have no idea what to say or where to start … just looking for support & a sponsor

9 Likes

Congratulations! Finding this group is a great start. Check this board frequently and you’ll find the support you need.
Hugs

2 Likes

Welcome! You’re in the right place. We all start this journey a bit apprehensive but fortunately we don’t have to do it alone. Read, share and grow. We do get better at getting better every day. Hugs

3 Likes

Congratulations !!!

1 Like

Wel,l this is an excellent start! Welcome. I try not to think of the big picture. Just one day at a time. It’s an old cliche but it works for me. I’m not drinking today. Tomorrow and yesterday don’t matter. Great bunch of folks here all in this trip together. Stick around, read and see what you like.
:pray: :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome @Chelseamay! Happy for you to want to make the change and get sober! It changed every little thing in my life for the better and I’m sure your life will improve greatly too! Stay on this app, read around lots and lots and reach out often! A real life sponsor you’ll find in AA, another very including, welcoming place from my experience.
See you around! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::stars:

1 Like

Good on you for making the decision to rid yourself of that posion,your find this forum so helpful lean on the ppl that have got a stable recovery and great advice to share BC it’s all free and given with a open heart .xxwelcome.xx

4 Likes

You will do it!:heart:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome, keep reading and checking in and before you know it your days will be stacked up behind you x

2 Likes

That’s the firsr step on the journey, you have found a good support tool here. I hope many more days sober come for you!

Welcome to the forum and well done on making the decision to get sober. It’s completely normal to not know where to start.

Below is a link to a thread that has a list of resources that people have found useful in their recovery. Give it a look and see if anything sounds like something you’d like to try.

Resources for our recovery

3 Likes

Hi! I’m on day 8 here and positing in this forum has been such a huge help to me. Everyone is very supportive. I wish you luck in the first few days!

2 Likes

don’t be afraid. I’m new here, too, 18 days, and I can tell you I wouldn’t have made it a week without this app. I did what @anon28001181 suggested and it’s very helpful. See you around!

1 Like