One heartbeat at a time

Hello, Whomever is reading this, I am Jess, Jesse, Jessica or inmate #8*****! This app is only as revealing as we make it so here it goes nearly 3 years ago I decided that a decade was long enough to be devoting all my time to my D.O.C whether it was using, chasing or sitting in jail because of it. Got my first taste at 17 but still at 27 found myself hunting it down as if it sustained my life it was very hard to see how bad it wrecked my life over and over because when i felt down there was the answer in my syringe it brought chaos to everybody around me and isolated me from everybody for years at a time when i did have a job it was a revolving trend of working to get high and getting high to work, it was hard to imagine being clean for even 3 days so seeing sobriety broken down to sober breaths and heartbeats is empowering

7 Likes

Welcome to the community! I’m so excited you’re here. Addiction is evil and make you feel like you have no power but you do. You don’t have to do this alone, we’re all here to support each other and the amount of resources that are available here is amazing! And you’re right, Breaking down sobriety to heartbeats is empowering! Good luck on your journey!

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re off to a great start. You can do this! It’s a great community. It’s a place where every point of sucess counts. Hope you stick around :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Jess, welcome. So glad you found this place. It’s my only sober support and I’m here every day. Well done on deciding enough is enough! Look forward to seeing you around :pray:t2::two_hearts: