One more obstacle

New Year is upon us fight the voice people fight it, I know it’s going to be hard for everyone, especially me I really like New Year but this one am dreading.

10 Likes

Are you dreading the year 2022? Or the drunk fest that New Year’s Eve can be?

If it is the “holiday” of NYE with all the drinking, then I hope you can start some new traditions that will help you feel safe and strong.

If it is the year 2022, then I hope you have kind friends and family to help you.

4 Likes

Getting sober is about re-learning how to live. New Year’s eve is just another day. Make it anything you want. Avoid parties and people who will tempt you. Make the day special to you. Make it a celebration of your sobriety. In the end, you will find it far more rewarding.

9 Likes

New Year’s is a wonderful time to start new traditions and new lifestyle changes. Of course, every day is as well. We are sold the idea that holidays mean boozing it up and especially NYE…so not true. Boozing it up means $ in the pocket of alcohol companies…regrets, anxiety and shame for drinkers. God, what the hell is fun about that? Drop those chains and find who you truly are beneath the veil of alcohol. Is it easy? Hell no. Worth it? More than you can imagine. YOU are worth it.

We don’t need to romanticize NYE…we know the reality of it…hangovers, head pounding, shame, regret, maybe some puking or fighting with the partner. Who knows. But the fantasy holds on. Let it go. NYE is a wonderful time to nest at home with a good book or friend or us and celebrate YOU and your new life. Or go to a meeting IRL or on Zoom and make some new friends who can help you enjoy your new life. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes